8

8

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

8


Everyone almost fell over as the ship began to turn downward.

“Get down!” Arthur shouted.

Everyone dropped to the floor instantly as the ship turned more and more.

Spencer really wanted to look out the window to try to get a glimpse of where they were going but couldn’t stand up because of the force of the ship pressing downwards on his body.

All Spencer could do was hold on until the ship stopped moving.  He saw Jensen trying to say something but could only hear an incredibly loud burning sound which Spencer could only assume was the sound of the ship entering the atmosphere of wherever they were going.

After what felt like hours the sound of the ship breaking through the atmosphere stopped and the ship began to level out.

Spencer began to sit up as he heard engines from beneath him turn on and slowly lower the ship to the ground.  He ran to the window but for whatever reason the window was now closed and looked just like the glossy black wall all around him.  Disappointedly he went over to Jensen and sat down.

“Well that was fun!” Said Jensen laughing.

“Uh, no it wasn’t” Said Spencer.

“Yes it was!” Said Jensen “That would make an epic rollercoaster!”

Spencer just laughed with Jensen until he heard the thunk of the ship landing and the whole ship rocked forward slightly.

A voice came on over the intercom, it was the voice of a man and didn’t sound quite as friendly as the computer automated PA system.

“Follow the orange hall until you reach the exiting zone!  Move it!”

Spencer wasn’t sure if it was just the attitude of the voice or what but everyone got up in a hurry and headed towards the door that had opened and had orange flashing lights on the wall.

Spencer and Jensen walked over to Colby pulling him up and then the three got Grace and Lucy and the five of them headed out together.

The group walked in silence the entire way down the bright hallway.  Spencer was scared of what lay in their future but also excited to see the alien planet.  They slowly walked along behind several other people.  Eventually they reached the end of the hallway.  Spencer walked down the exit ramp and out to where the others where.  Instantly he was hit with a bright light and what Spencer saw amazed him.

He could see hundreds of skyscrapers around him stretching for miles each made of a bright yellow stone with sky blue windows.  The sky however was the shade of the oceans back on Earth and even seemed to ripple slightly.  The light Spencer had seen was a bright blue sun far above the sky.  Behind him he could see a large wall made out of the same bright yellow stone everything else was made of.  On the walls stood Adican guards in black uniforms holding weapons that glowed blue at the barrel.  Spencer was amazed and wanted to see more but before he could a voice shouted from behind him.

“Alright everyone, follow the guard” The Adican pointed to a guard wearing a glossy black uniform and holding the same gun Spencer had seen the guards at the wall holding.  Spencer recognized the voice as the Adican who had spoken to them over the intercom after the ship had landed.  “Move it!” The Adican said again.

The guard turned his back to them and began to walk away and everyone followed quickly.  The Adican who had been giving orders took up the rear and would shove anyone he didn’t think was moving fast enough or he just felt like pushing.

“What’ve we gotten ourselves into?” Jensen muttered to Spencer “I feel like a prisoner of war.”

“Yeah” Said Spencer “We’re actually prisoners of space going to war.”

Jensen snickered a little too loudly, unfortunately.

“Halt!” The Adican from the back shouted “You think this is funny, huh?” He pointed at Jensen “Get over here!”  Jensen just stood still “Now!” the Adican shouted.

Jensen slowly walked over to him.

“On your knees!” The Adican shouted.

Jensen slowly got down onto his knees and the Adican took out an odd looking blue baton and got ready to swing it.

Spencer was horrified as he was about to watch his friend be injured but he couldn’t move.

The Adican took his hand back with the baton about to bring it down on Jensen as he knelt there helpless.  The Adican was about to bring his hand forward but before he could Spencer had to do something.

“Stop!” Spencer shouted at the Adican “You can’t do this to him he hasn’t done anything.”

“Oh,” The Adican said slowly lowering the baton. “Okay then you can receive the punishment for him!”

He kicked Jensen back and he landed flat on his back and let out a grunt.

“Well?” Said The Adican to Spencer “What are you waiting for?  Come receive your payment!”

Spencer still hadn’t moved and the Adican was getting impatient.  He grabbed Spencer’s collar, dragged him to where Jensen had been and threw him down to his knees.

Spencer’s fear grew higher and higher until his body was numb as he watched the Adican pull out the baton he was yet to use.

Spencer couldn’t move, speak or do anything.  He was too scared of what the Baton might do to him.

Spencer watched, almost in slow motion, as the Adican raised back the baton.  Spencer closed his eyes as he swung the baton towards Spencer.  Spencer knelt like this for maybe a second before he felt the impact of the baton on the side of his head and was knocked to his side.

Spencer somehow managed to stay conscious through the impact and opened his eyes.

Everything looked blurry and he was unable to hear anything.  After lying like this for about a minute or so a screaming sound grew in Spencer’s head growing louder and louder.

The screaming was driving Spencer insane.  it was like nails going through his head.  Spencer began to claw at his head thinking “Get it out, get it out, get it out!”

Still the screams like the force of a hammer hammering at his head would not relent.  Spencer couldn’t bear it any longer and started screaming as loud as he could.  His vision was wavering and he saw glimpses of worried faces and the Adican smiling.

Spencer was screaming at the top of his lungs his vision blurry.  He barely noticed someone pick him up and throw him over their shoulder.  Wavering in and out of consciousness he could see the ground as whoever  was carrying him walked at a quick pace towards wherever they were going.

After what seemed like an eternity to Spencer the noise in his head began to die down and he felt himself being laid down on the floor.

Spencer opened his eyes to see Arthur and his friends gathered around him.  They were inside a large glossy black room the same color as the spaceship they had traveled on.  At the entrance were two armed guards.  at the end of the long room was an Adican sitting in a throne with two more guards at the sides of the throne.

“Hey,” Said Jensen quietly to Spencer, “How are you?”

“I’m fine now.” Spencer said, “That taser thing was awful! What happened after that.”

“The Adican who tasered you told us to keep moving so Arthur picked you up and carried you to hear.”  Jensen told Spencer “I have to ask though what did the taser thing do to you?  I mean you were screaming and clawing at your head.”

“I don’t know exactly.” Spencer said “But after the impact this screaming, an unbearable screaming began to grow louder and louder.  That’s probably why I was screaming.”

Jensen whistled quietly “Sounds like it hurt.  Why did you do it for me though?  Why’d you take the punishment for me.”

“‘Cause that’s what friends do.”  Spencer said “and I couldn’t let them hurt you.”

Jensen smiled at him “Well thanks anyway.”

Spencer began to sit up and once he realized there was no pain stood up and paced back and forth to get his legs back.

Once he was done he turned towards the Adican sitting in the chair.  This one was different from other ones Spencer had seen.  This one was blue rather than the traditional green he had seen and  was shorter than the others.  Spencer remembered Rilfor telling him how they had an Empress and Spencer realized this must have been the Empress and assumed female Adicans had similar traits to hers.

“Finally,” The Empress said to them, sounding almost bored to be there.  “I thought you’d never get up.”  She pointed at Spencer with one of her metallic fingers.

“Here you are” The Empress said “The ‘humans’ Rilfor… rescued, shall we say.  Guards!  How many of them are there.”

“34 your majesty!” One of the guards shouted.

“Wonderful!” the Empress said “Take them in for a record scan, once you’re done they will be fed.  After that find them a place to spend the night, I don’t care where.  In the morning I want them shipped off to X-134 Y-13.7 where their training will begin.”

“Yes ma’am!” The guards shouted as they led the group out the door into the city.



© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing