11

11

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

11


“Where are they now” She asked

“They’ve been taken to the Adican training camp on the moon of Simpre.” He replied.

‘That is unfortunate, will we attempt a rescue operation?” She asked.

“We have a team ready right now, we just need one thing.” He replied

“His authority,” she sighed

“Yes, so we best convince him this will be worthwhile.” He replied.


.    .    .


As promised Adlis came at 7:30 on the dot to pick the humans up for another day in training.

¨Let’s go!¨ he shouted ¨You’ve only got two more days!¨

Groggily the humans stood up and followed Adlis to a smaller building that contained a few large computers as well as several smaller ones.

"Today you will be learning about the enemy we are fighting as well as the tactics you and your fellow soldiers will employ on the battlefield." Adlis announced as he booted up the console for one of the larger computers. "Alright now just hold on a second, uh, where is it?" he searched through his belt compartments quickly and chuckled slowly "Well, it appears i forgot the drive with the data on it.  Just stay here, I’ll be back."  Adlis walked out the door in silence.

Once he was gone Jensen said ¨Go!¨ to Spencer

"What?" Spencer asked

"The thumbdrive stupid, now’s your chance!"

Spencer remembered the thumbdrive all of a sudden and pulled it out.

He walked over to the computer Adlis had already turned on and found a slot for the thumb drive behind the computer and stuck it in.

The computer screen changed as the information from the drive poured onto the computer.

Spencer surfed through several files before he found a file labeled TERRAN PURITY OPERATION.

Everyone sort of gasped as Spencer clicked on the file and read the short letter

Execute Final Product TPO(Terran Purity Operation)

Eliminate Intelligence.

Fire Weapons On target-

X-37.9 Y-1234.67

The letter had a link on the coordinates which Spencer clicked.

Upon clicking the link a map brought up a picture of their solar system with the third planet, Earth, had a large green cross-hair in a circle turning circles on the planet making it clear that Earth was to be the target.

Everyone wanted to do something now that they had found who had started the odd bombing on that warm June day but they knew Adlis would be back soon so they didn’t have time to waste.

Spencer went back to the list of files and found a follow up to the TPO file.

TPO Report:  Status-failed

Intelligent life signs remaining:1.2%

Intelligent populace remaining:4.23 million

Solution: Send colonization unit with three military spacecraft to purify planet.

Court Result: Solution Accepted

Amendment(s): none

Date Approved: June, 8

Solution Launch Date: July, 14 3:45 p.m.

END TRANSMISSION

Spencer looked at the corner of the Computer screen and saw that it was 8:15 July, 11 that gave them three days to stop the ships or do something.

Spencer scrolled down the list to see if he could find the location of the ships.

He found a file labeled: MILITARY MAPS ADICAN EMPIRE

He opened the file and scanned the base they were at but couldn’t find anything related to Solution.

He opened the search and looked up “Solution” and after a few minutes found that the ships were at the Adican homeworld, far too well protected for the Humans to destroy.

Spencer did however find the complete launch codes and keys for one of the large Adican ships which they scratched onto a stray piece of paper on the desk.  They decided that if worst comes to worst they could take try to take the ship back to Earth and warn the few people left of the Adican who were coming to finish them.

Spencer flipped back to the file list but before he could look at anything else he heard Adlis’s voice behind him

“Hey,” he said looking at them by the computer, he almost sounded nervous. “What’re you guys doing?”

Spencer quickly unplugged the thumb drive and turned around but wasn’t quite fast enough.  Adlis eyed the drive in Spencer’s hand, his eyes widened and he went to raise his side arm but this time he wasn’t fast enough.

Spencer stood with his arms outstretched towards Adlis the small weapon he had taken back when they had tried to screen him in the capital held in his hand steaming.

Adlis’s gun fell from his hand as he slumped over dead.

Spencer walked over to the Adlis’s body and for a second thought the Adican had a third eye located in between his right and left eye although slightly higher.

After a second glance Spencer realized the dark gaping hole in the Adican’s forehead was where the bullet entered his brain.

Disgusted Spencer backed away and began to heave but nothing came out.

“Hey” Colby said patting Spencer on the back “you okay?”

“Fine” Said Spencer “Just shocked I guess.”

“Don’t worry ‘bout it.  Let’s take the ship we’ve got the codes to ‘n get out of here.”

Spencer agreed and the group waited until lunch time, when most of the Adican’s were inside, to walk to the ship.

At the ship they conveniently found it loaded with supplies with the journey, there was just one problem.

The ship was only meant to Carry 20 Adican’s max which they figured evened out to a little under 30 humans.

This meant some of them would have to stay behind.

Spencer volunteered first because if anyone was getting left here it would be him because he didn’t want to be responsible for someone’s death.

Jensen volunteered after followed by Grace, then Colby and Finally Lily.

With the five of them staying behind they would find a way to get by and everyone else could leave.

The small group waved good-bye to everyone else as they boarded the craft.  Spencer handed Arthur the launch codes and Arthur gave him a quick hug.

The small group hid inside an empty tent near by as the ship turned on its engines, and launched on a course for Earth.



© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing