15

15

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

15


“What happened to her?” Lily asked pointing at Grace.

“She got shot fighting an Adican.”  Spencer replied, “She should be fine though.”

Everyone sat in silence, or in Grace’s case lay in silence, as they finished their short journey to the Rapirian ship.  Once they landed the doors opened and a team of paramedics rushed forward and grabbed Grace, put her in a stretch and moved her to the medical area.

Spencer wanted to go with her and make sure she was okay but then Rojan stepped out of the ship and said “Follow me please.”

They walked behind Rojan through the white and gold hallways of the Rapirian ship until they finally arrived at the room where they were informed of the mission they had just accomplished.

“Welcome back,” the officer in the blue uniform said, “Incase I didn’t cover this earlier my name’s Filmore but everyone calls me Fil.”  He looked at each of them for a second before continuing.  “Well looks like you all got back uninjured!”

“Almost, all of us.”  Spencer said.

“Uh, yes,”  Fil said. “I’m sorry about Grace but I can assure you she’ll survive.  Anyway please come look out this window with me.”  Everyone moved over towards the window and looked out at the stars.  Filmore typed in some keys on his desk panel and suddenly the Adican ship filled the window.

“There she is,” Fil said,  “The ship that will now be destroyed if you planted the bombs correctly.  Shall we find out?”  Without waiting for a response he walked back to his desk and typed several keys and clicked a large button that began a ten second countdown on the screen.

Spencer watched the screen waiting for the explosion 3...2...1 kaboom.  Spencer watched as fiery explosions danced across the ship and then continued for about ten seconds until all that was left was pieces of the ship charred by explosions.

“Ah,” Fil said, “Most excellent, you shall make great allies.”

Spencer didn’t say anything.  He was more worried about Grace than the Adican battleship.  Fil excused them from their office and Spencer tried to enter the medical area where Grace was but the doctors told him she wasn’t well enough to see visitors yet so he ended up playing a Rapirian game involving green cylinders and seven sided dice that they managed to figure out.  After hours of playing and dinner Spencer and his friends went to bed early tired from the seven minutes they had spent on the Adican battleship.

Spencer crawled into bed and fell asleep wondering what challenges they would have to face the next morning.



© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing