21

21

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

21


Spencer sighed as he removed his helmet and exited his chair.  He found Jensen, Colby, Lily, and Grace waiting for him outside the simulation room.

"Nice job!" Colby said and patted Spencer on the back.

"Don't get too excited," Spencer said to all of them.  "This is the 15th time we've attempted this simulation this week, and we're not even close to breaking through the Adican's space defences, let alone the planet's defences."

"That's true," Jensen replied, "Then again it is only the 15th time we've properly flown a spaceship."

"We'll get there eventually,"  Grace said,  "Don't get so down on yourself."

Spencer nodded, although he didn't agree, The Adican could find them at anytime and they had to be ready to fight.  He motioned for all of them to follow him to the mess hall for lunch.

As Spencer and his friends walked towards the mess hall, he watched as everyone who had arrived, Adican who were against the Empress, Corinian's who survived their loss of the civil war, and Rapirian's who arrived to help with the fight, and more.  All these people moved around the compound they had set up, from housing spaces, to secure armories and headquarters, solar panels, farms, training grounds, and the biggest feat, the ship yard they had constructed full of small Adican, Rapirian, and Corinian ships, as well as a few larger cruisers, dreadnaughts, and battleships.  All organized and ready for launch if needed.  Anyone Spencer walked past, stopped what they were doing, stood up straight and saluted him until he walked past.  Some muttered General, or Honored as he walked past.  Things seem to be going well on their small moon.

Spencer entered the loud mess hall with his friends, quickly grabbed some food and sat at a table in the back.  As they ate they talked about different strategies to try in the simulation.

A few minutes later Rilfor walked up to them, "Spencer, there's a transmission for you in the HQ." He said.

"From, who?" Spencer asked.

"Just come,"  Rilfor said,  "You'll want to see for yourself."

Spencer quickly told his friends he'd be right back and followed Rilfor through the compound to the HQ building where 2 Rapirian and Corinian guards opened the door for them and then they were in the main base of operations for their small army.  Spencer walked to the console in the center and opened the transmission.

The screen flashed white and then Spencer saw Arthur sitting in a chair in the Adican ship they had left in some time earlier.

"Arthur!"  Spencer exclaimed.

"Spencer!"  Arthur replied,  "Listen, I have something very important to tell you."

"What's up?"  Spencer asked,  "Did you get to Earth alright?"

"That's what I'm calling about."  Arthur said.  "We were approaching Earth, I could see it some distance away.  Suddenly I could see the movement of a few ships.  Then the Earth was consumed in a bright blue sphere and then disappeared.  The ships-"

"Wait," Spencer interrupted,  "What do you mean 'disappeared'."

"It's literally what it sounds like" Arthur said.  "The blue sphere consumed the Earth and then shimmered as if it were teleporting or something, and then it was gone."

"What about the ships?"  Spencer asked,  "Where they Adican?"

"I couldn't tell."  Arthur answered.  "They hyper-jumped out of the area short after."

"Wait," A female Rapirian cut in.  "Do you have any photos or videos of the jump?"

"Sorry, who are you?"  Arthur asked?

"I'm Aeliana,"  The Rapirian replied "Do you have anything?"

"Well,"  Arthur said "The ship's basic system recorded the jump, but not the disappearance of the Earth it's poor quality anyway.  Transmitting footage now."

It was silent for a second as the data was transmitted and Aeliana pulled up the footage.  Spencer watched a poor quality, 5 second clip as a few large ships jumped out of the area.  Aeliana slowed down the footage and paused it at a frame where you could see the trail of the jump.  "There!"  She shouted.  "Let me see where that jump leads."  More silence as she calculated the jump.  "Hmm, that's odd" she said.

"What is it?"  Arthur asked.

"It seems the coordinates lead to X=342.7 Y=-33.72.  The Rapirian's have been there before but it's supposed to be empty.  It was empty anyway."

"What do you think we should do?"  Spencer asked.

"It's your call,"  Rilfor said to Spencer.

"Aeliana,"  Spencer said,  "transmit our coordinates to Arthur."

"Sure thing"  Aeliana replied.

"Rilfor,"  Spencer said "Call a council meeting after dinner tonight so we can decide what to do about this thing."

"Will do,"  Rilfor said.  "I fear we may have a new enemy to worry about."

Spencer and Rilfor walked out of the HQ and went back to their quarters waiting for the meeting tonight.



© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing