35

35

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

35


Spencer entered a room that resembled the throne room back on the Adican homeworld, although they were some minor differences.  There were no guards in the room, just the Empress sitting by herself on the throne.  There was no signs of Grace in the room.

The Empress walked down to her throne towards Spencer who had his rifle aimed at her head.  "Where's Grace?"

"That's quite the question."  The Empress replied,  "But I'm not here to just hand her over.  This right here, you and me,"  The Empress pointed at herself and Spencer,  "This will decide the fate of the galaxy."

"Cut the crap,"  Spencer said,  "Give me Grace or I'll kill you and find her myself."

"You'd kill me anyway,"  The Empress said,  "You won't kill me from there anyway. go ahead and try."

Spencer fired his rifle at The Empress, but the bullets passed right through her head and seem to make the entire Empress shimmer.

"Up here!"  The Empress shouted and Spencer looked up to see the Empress standing on a platform above him, with Grace next to her.  Spencer tried to fire at The Empress  but she quickly grabbed Grace and disappeared through a door.

Spencer heard a screeching sound and saw several of the zombie creatures emerged from two doors Spencer hadn't noticed on either side of the room.  Spencer swore and began to take potshots at the creatures as he slowly backed up.  He dropped several of the creature but more and more kept coming.  Spencer ran up the throne in the center of the room and stood on top of it.  He fired several more shots and pushed off several of them trying to climb up the throne and get to him.

All seemed hopeless when Spencer noticed a very small lever on the back of the throne.  Having no other option he quickly pushed the lever with his rifle as he continued fighting off zombies.  

The throne began to separate, almost causing Spencer to fall, but he quickly regained his balance.  A bright light hit Spencer's eyes and he saw a glowing, spinning sphere which he desperately hoped was the device the Empress was using to resurrect the dead.

Spencer couldn't continue fighting much longer, he was being overwhelmed.  He quickly fired at the sphere but took just too long and was tackled off of the throne by one of the creatures and desperately tried to shove the creature off of him but several more creature began trying to get to him.  Spencer couldn't fight the mass amount of creatures anymore.  So this is how it ends.  Spencer thought.  Killed by zombies created by a militaristic alien race.

Spencer couldn't push anymore and gave in too the creatures and they fell directly on top of him, about to eat them when… nothing.  He wasn't being ripped apart!  Spencer shoved the creatures off of him to find they were all lying still on the ground, as dead people should.  He had found the resurrection device in the throne and destroying it worked!  He was alive!

Spencer was so caught up fighting the zombie creatures that he forgot the reason he entered this building, to kill the Empress.  He went through one of the doors the creatures had entered through, where he found a staircase.  He entered, with his rifle, into a small room where the Empress stood over Grace, whose hands were tied behind her back and her mouth gagged.  The Empress turned around upon Spencer's entering and he saw a look on the Empress' face he had never seen before, suprise.

Spencer thought of all he had gone through, and all he and his friends had worked towards to get to this moment, and said.  "Surprise b***h!"  He shot the Empress' and her head snapped back as she collapsed.

Spencer then dropped his rifle and walked towards Grace and dropped to his knees.  He untied her and took the gag out of her mouth.  They embraced in a long hug.

"Grace,"  Spencer said, a tear ran down his face,  "I almost thought I lost you, and I love you."

"You'll never lose me,"  Grace said a she also cried.  "I promise."

Spencer looked into her eyes as they just sat in the room where the Empress' dead body lay, holding one another.  After a few minutes they walked out of the building, hand and hand.

Outside they found Lily, alone, the others must have left and Spencer didn't blame them.  Most of them were pretty injured.  Lily was excited to see Grace and they hugged for several seconds before Lily told them Darryl was coming with a car to drive them back to the settlement.

A few minutes later, Darryl showed up in a small pickup truck and the three of them climbed into the back seat.  The drive back was short and soon Spencer met up with everyone in the settlement, as well as The Silver Company members that had come with Spencer to Earth, to deliver the good news.

Using the ship they had flown to Earth,  Spencer broadcast the message to all Siler Company planets from Rapirian planets, to the former Adican planets, and even the compound the SIlver Company began at.

Spencer began to speak,  "It's true.  The Empress is dead, and the Adican have been defeated.  Earth belongs to us once again, and we have freed the galaxy from a truly terrible monstrosity known as the Adican."  He paused for a moment.  "Our work is far from over however.  Planets are in need of reconstruction and someone to keep the peace in the fallout of this war.  That's where we come in, The Silver Company, to ensure the galaxy is safe and peaceful.  I am trusting you, all of you, to do your best in order to make sure what we have accomplished today wasn't for nothing.  Thank you."  Spencer shut down the cameras and several people applauded.

Soon after the speech, a meeting by the SIlver Company was called into order on Earth.  Members of the council arrived on Earth as well as many of The Silver Company's soldiers.



© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing