Mom's the word

Mom's the word

A Story by deepika
"

Our moms work really hard for us for nothing. Just a small thank you can make a difference.

"

I woke up at 10 am. I saw her still in the kitchen with her hair messed up and face all sweaty. Without thinking, I just told her to make my milk, breakfast etc. while I went and sat on the couch and waited. This was a routine every vacation. That day I felt an unusual twinge. I asked her,” Aren`t you fed up? 365 days a year doing the same thing, don’t you need a vacation?”.  She just laughed off my questions and continued with her work. The whole day I had that uneasy feeling. In the night when we were just about to switch off the lights and sleep I blurted out “THANK YOU MUMMY” and bit my lip. She smiled and said, “child, that`s enough for me”. The next morning I woke up at 10 am and saw pretty much the same scene except that my mum had a smile on her face.

© 2014 deepika


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

mother is mother...no one can replace her...nice story

Posted 9 Years Ago


deepika

9 Years Ago

thanks a lot...
Great story. best and wisest words I've ever read!

Posted 9 Years Ago


You are right. Mothers need appreciation, even if it's only a thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2014
Last Updated on May 17, 2014

Author

deepika
deepika

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India



About
I am an interior design undergrad student. Although i have always been a bookworm and writing comes as a hobby, i just love it. more..

Writing
The tunnel The tunnel

A Story by deepika


The mirror The mirror

A Story by deepika