Will Race

Will Race

A Story by Ryan Patrick Walsh
"

Anarchy, Anomie, Man vs. Mankind, Truth of Self vs. Truth of Society

"

He says he wants to be a city planner. Wants to build things. Things that don't go together. Things that don't make sense. Pyramids upside down, floating buildings, a strip joint next to a church. And I know he'll find himself a place to live. That place to build. In a truth of man, never a truth of mankind.

 

So he blew up of his rock on a rocket ship, left Anomie, now heading towards Anarchy. That's where he's meant to be. Where they should have raised him. Anarchy's no building rules. Even more so �" no truths. He's of that same structure. Blowin' up from his family and friends. Blowin' up from his girl, his entire world. Seeking out his true passion. The one deep set inside him. The one that never left.

 

That one was born after his birth. As a child, visiting New York City, there were no rules. None to their gravity or structure. He was raised to sell insurance, but understood their architecture too well. Always had. Traveled the city often.

 

And they'll say he's a genius. Limitless ability for building things. Things in the present, so he doesn't build for the future he moves. He's followin' no guidelines, there's none that he should. None of their rules could lead him like his own. 

 

He says it's about the strategy, less about the tactic. Not about how tall or long of what he wants. All about the resources and where they're placed. The way he needs them used and when. How well he will when he's penniless. A mental checklist. 

 

So now he's flying to Space City.

© 2010 Ryan Patrick Walsh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

390 Views
Added on August 15, 2010
Last Updated on August 16, 2010
Tags: short stories, symbolism, metaphor

Author

Ryan Patrick Walsh
Ryan Patrick Walsh

West Bloomfield, MI



About
20 year old student currently attending MSU for a degree in Media Arts and Technology (Film, Television, Camerawork, Screenwriting, etc). I've been consistently writing poetry and short stories since .. more..

Writing