Camping in the Rain (Description)

Camping in the Rain (Description)

A Story by Olivier
"

THIS IS NOT FINISHED YET. Im having a hard time learning how to do creative writing in the form of stories. Im used to essays and poems but fictional stories with characters seem to allude me

"

The excitement of camping was only slightly damped by the incessant downpour. Peter’s face sank a little.  A few hours earlier, you could hear the calling of birds, and the breeze sweeping across the landscape tickling tents and branches. The crackling of campfire, and the smell of smoke and meat floated throughout the site. A few miles away, a bear lifted its’ head from a stream to smell the delicious food. But that was all in the past. Now the only sound was the rain on the rain flap, and the occasional grumble of thunder that would grow into an ear-splitting boom. Peter listened from the inside tent within the confines of a sleeping bag.  Nothing to do now except wait. Peter had been hoping to go hiking and exploring, a newfound hobby and passion of his. Unfortunately, with the evidence of rain moving in, he had to cancel his plans.  He decided to make the most out of his circumstances and try to enjoy the brilliant show Nature was putting on for him. The rain pounded down even harder pouring out the fundamental aspect of life and intelligence. Peeking out of the tent a little, he observed the usual forest colors darkened by the storm. The misty environment with the overcast white sky painted a surreal picture. Peter found himself hypnotized by the gentle power Nature demonstrated.

“So this is the force that carves mountains”, thought Peter with an awed look.

As if in response, The sky laughed manically.

© 2018 Olivier


Author's Note

Olivier
Please attack me with the force of 10,000 gods. I want to know exactly what Im doing wrong and exactly what Im doing right (no pun intended)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on February 26, 2018
Last Updated on February 26, 2018