Writers blocking

Writers blocking

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

Baby Ricochet has been pissed a few people off on Writerscafe. Really? No!

"

    Ricochet's blocked by writers

         Two I know about

    One I know his reasons why

        The other I do not

 

One writer wrote a spiteful poem

   cursing the uniform I wore

Said it brought joy to his heart

When Marines were killed in war

 

Artistic expression is a good thing

    That much I do agree

 Smear the uniform of the corps

 You're gonna hear from me

 

I wasn't looking to start a flame war

That wasn't my strict intention

There were just a couple of things

I felt compelled to mention

 

The Marine corps follow orders

With American interests at stake

We went where the president sent us

There was no such thing as debate

 

Army Air Force Navy Marines

No we don't ask reasons why

We did what was expected of us

That was my review reply

 

      So I posted my opinions

No swearing threats or name calling

The poem was deleted I was blocked

He must have found me galling

 

I must have struck a writers nerve

      S**t happens in this biz

The other dude that's blocking me

I don't know what his problem is

 

Maybe he doesn't like my sewer mouth

and perfurs words dripping with honey

Maybe he doesn't like Jarhead marines

Maybe he doesn't think I'm funny

 

     Either way it's all okay

I can lived with being blocked

 WritersCafe is not for those

who get their panties in a knot

 

 

 

 

© 2012 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
The guy that was writing trash about US armed forces was an Amrerican. I'll let some of that crap slide from Europeans but Americans? Talk shit about the war and it's architects all you want. But when you start in on the men and women who did the fighting, bleeding, crying and dying cause we were ordered to? No. Bad, very, very bad.
It's that stupid civilian line of " soldiers should ask why" What in the hell kind of army debates orders? You figure that shit out the first two minutes you're 18 year old ass is in boot camp. The other guy who's blocking me I've no clue who he is. I don't recall ever reading his work but he's obviously read mine. I stumbled on him by accident during a conversation between That_girl and Philgod. His posts were kind of snarky so I clicked on him and what do you know, I'm blocked. So I chimed into the conversation and he promptly deleted all his posts. Marines can make a retreat happen even in cyber space. HOORAH!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ha! Don't worry about people blocking you--I've been blocked by more people than I care to mention on here, and I don't have a clue as to why--nor do I really care. My view is anyone that blocks me must have a problem with my work (or me personally) and as such, it's their problem--let them deal with it. If I've slandered anyone or offended anyone on here, unintentionally, then I'm sorry. I wish someone would tell me why they block me before they do it--that would be nice.
For the most part, when people block me on here, I just forget about them. They obviously have issues.
Except for one. Tate Morgan blocked me--I have no idea why. I really admire his work, and before he blocked me I really enjoyed reading it: he's an EXCELLENT writer; but I must've said or did something wrong (wish I knew what it was) and he just blocked me . . . ah well. C'est la vie.

This guy who was bad mouthing you--he comes from the free, individualistic world of the calm, rationally minded civilian . . . the kind of human being who is not required to kill in order to survive. It's not so much that these civvies hate soldiers as it is that they--very literally--cannot comprehend the world soldiers live in. All they really know is the sheltered peace you guys fight and die to preserve every day, whilst they live on, blissfully ignorant. They can't comprehend hardly anything outside their civvie lives, for that matter; and if they do, they prefer not to dwell on it. To the true liberal civilian, soldiers will always be an enigma . . . they just don't get it.

That doesn't justify this man's slander by any measure, though. Here's a thought: Put him in the desert and surround him with insurgents, men who would gladly tear him to pieces just for being American and over there, and then give him a rifle and say: Survive.
He'll sing a different tune after that, guaranteed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

First poem of his I read I thought "Jesus Christ what in the hell is wrong with this kid." No way co.. read more
That_Girl

11 Years Ago

I want to read! Send me a link to his profile???
Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

K



Reviews

Eh, those who've blocked you sound like idiots to me. They think they can say whatever they please online and get away with it, but when caught and called out, they tuck their tails and hide. Good for you speaking up for the military!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Lori
This is all new to me so I know not of blocking, not yet anyway, seems it happens regularly according to your poem. I found it a very interesting and forceful piece of writing.. Let me also say thank you for serving your country.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Rhythm&blues. That's a cool name
rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

You're quite welcome, and thank you too.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
I can't quite agree with
"With American interests at stake
We went where the president sent us"

Presidents don't necessarily have the interests of citizens at heart, which is why there are elections -- elections which lead outcomes that it seems a majority are regularly pissed off about.
For example, if I was American, I would wonder why my Government was so supportive of Saudi Arabia.

So, overall, the system isn't perfect. But that's a nuanced argument that I don't think this person was referring to.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

The Saudis have a s**t load of oil, a s**t load of money, a s**t load of US built weapons systems an.. read more
Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Oh man that's a messed up sentence. I'm sure you know the one I mean. Meh. You're smart. You'll sort.. read more
Denham Cole

10 Years Ago

I wince at the pivotal point when a person first exercises their choice to join the military. After .. read more
i understand and feel your reasons for this write. i also know it is not aimed at me, as some would like to think, because of my recent activities. i know who my friends are and i never block unless it is to protect myself from attacks or ugliness. like you, i can take criticism with the best of them, as long as it is constructive and not personally insulting. as for myself, i never blocked anyone because i found their writing insulting...it was because there was malicious intent and, very obviously so. i agree whole heartedly with this clever and poignant write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

The guy who blocked me who was talking s**t about the Corps has since unblocked me and I'm not sure .. read more
quinfinn

10 Years Ago

one can always strive and hope for peaceful conclusions...good job!
"Love peace and harmony. Love peace and harmony. It's all very nice, very nice, very nice. Maybe in the next world" civilians tend to not understand what military men and women go through to keep our country safe. They have little respect. Don't be fazed by such people. Don't get your panties in a knot.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Death of A disco Dancer: The Smiths: Stangeways here we come. Love it! Thanks for stopping by Ryan
Ryan

10 Years Ago

I knew you'd know it :D anytime
I was dropped once here for using the "f" word in a poem. I've posted hundreds of poems - none of them with profanity - and the one time I let it slip in a poem - a person I had known here for three years at the time - dumps me. I've actually edited the piece to take the f bomb out - and it happened four years ago - but I was still caught off guard by it. I've also been dumped for voicing my position in defense of Thanksgiving (not here but on another blog site) Again, the person had been reading me for years. Amazing what goes on in people's heads. To me - if I don't like what some one has to say - I just don't comment - or here if its offensive or I don't like it - I just don't review. That's very simple. BTW - my dad was retired USAF. Several of my uncles, both of my grandfathers - some of my great grandfathers - all served in the military. I am very proud of them. And thank YOU, for your service as well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you. Some of my earlier poems are nothing but F bombs
So I saw your profile picture, and assumed I'd be reading cute little baby, or calm things! haha no I was wrong. Whoever wrote that s**t about the Armed Forces is an idiot...I'm an American, and I show respect. This is humorous and free write! Nice. And the amount of people who have blocked you on here probably wouldn't compare to the number of people who have blocked me on Facebook.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing writers blocking Brianaswriting and thank you for friending me.
Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

No problem :)
strange why people disregard others. I woke up one morn and all my friends were gone because I wouldnt just desert the last man out....kinda felt like I was in the army again. I also think alot of civilians just dont get it. It's fight or die. (one way or another) I am not saying that I totally agree with what our country has become or is becoming but those that fight for our rights and freedoms deserve a lil more respect. if you dont wanta share then dont read if you dont wanta be read then dont write. it is they way I feel about it. Have a good day. I will be back to read more. Hoorah!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love your "style" BR :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reading Writers Blocking John
Love this!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading writers Blocking Kennabee

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2876 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 4, 2012
Last Updated on October 4, 2012

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Burns Burns

A Poem by Baby Ricochet