I Wanna Be Top Writer

I Wanna Be Top Writer

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

Inspired by the Writers cafe's secret society s**t storm. A not to bad of an idea that quickly went awry

"


Straight to the top of the poetry chart
That's a fair deal to me
I don't want to work or do anything
Just hand it all to me

I can't be bothered to send RR's
I'm too cool to review
I'm too brilliant to learn to write
Cause I'm better than you

I write free verse with my eyes closed
hammered on whiskey sours
Hemingway was drunk off his a*s
That's how I spend my hours

So when I wrote my masterpiece
It didn't make the top
It's all that other writer's fault
The one who has me blocked

When all I said was he sucked a*s
and couldn't write a list
Some constructive criticism
So now the a*****e's pissed

Can't you see my brilliant genius
I shouldn't have to work
I don't want to write my way up
Cause I'm a lazy jerk

I don't wanna play the WC game
The social network shtick
I don't want to write reviews for
A bunch of rubes and hicks

So gimmi gimmi gimmi that top spot
I want it right away
Screw you chumps who worked for it
Who cares about fair play

© 2013 Baby Ricochet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ah-h-h-h, my dear BR. Who has decided to piss in your Rice Crispies, my friend? Whoever it was, you ought to bow, then extend a warm and hearty—"Hey, thank you!"—'cause this poem here, it's a keeper! They have certainly inspired you to write a scathing, wicked satirical poem, which makes many valid points, I might add. I will say one rather derogatory thing about WC...It certainly ain't the place for writers of stories to go, that's fer damn sure! Just look at the live feed, for example. Poem, poem, poem, poem, poem comment on poem, poem...ad infinitum. I prefer to write stories. That's why I'm rarely ever here anymore. No one wants to take the time, it seems, to read a story. I'm no poet, that's a given. But, I do know what I like, and this little gem is going in my personal library.

As I said earlier, it's a keeper!

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Emily B

10 Years Ago

invite me to a story and i will read it
Nusquam Esse

10 Years Ago

How unfortunate that his profile was closed. I was actually curious what his stories would be about.. read more
Philip Muls

8 Years Ago

Which site is good for stories ? Any tips ? Regards Philip



Reviews

Hahahaha, your works sucks a*s, because...it sucks a*s! Derpa Derrrr. (sounds like my parents as a kid, when I asked why I couldn't do something; although I still maintain that they were the immature ones there) Seriously a great poem here! I love satire, and while this may not be Jonathan Swift, this has all the scathing scorn that I love and look for. Most people just want people to look over their own work, and they get so caught up in personal verification, that they forget that this is exactly what most writers want. You want someone to look at your work? Even published works are often skipped over, so roughly written stories on a small community are likely to slip through the cracks. But this site offers one opportunity which is not so readily available in the real world, the ability to earn criticism and critique. Writing even a simple review for an a writer, no matter how amateur, who is struggling can really make their day. People forget all too easily that it is not all about them. Thanks for posting such a nice piece (or perhaps it isn't so nice?) My only issue with this site so far, is how unbalanced the quantity of poems are to stories. I am a story writer, no so much about poetry. Few people want to take the time to either write or read stories, so getting feedback is difficult. Not to mention, I have an easier time reviewing stories, since I understand them better. But I guess this is just another challenge; time to get down and dirty with the poetry, and maybe I will better understand it in time?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

I wrote this piece during a huge WC flame war over the top writer spot which has since been removed .. read more
That picture cracked me up right away before I even read a word. Then, the poem just maintained the laughter. I find that it's always good to deal with issues through humor, and the greatest truths are always said in jest. For me, it's a way of speaking a truth without hurting anyone's feelings; and once everyone shares the laughter, they forget about all of the "small stuff." When it boils down to it, it's all small stuff and not worth getting upset over.

I'm glad that these events inspired you rather than defeating you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Me too. Thank you Linda
Wow...I've read two from you now and
they are both WC back alley classics (Starbucks sells whiskey sours now?) !
Awesome read,

Thanks for the necessary share

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by
LOL

I'm new to WC, so I don't know where this came from, but your vent was hyserically funny and I really needed a good laugh this evening. I'm so glad I found this one.

:) Julie

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Julie
Great craic with a very pertinent message within! If you want to be a somebody, you'll need to pump proverbial iron many times beforehand!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

For sure. Thank you tom
I was chuckling from beginning to end; no dull moment there. The thoughts are fluid and the rhyme scheme is well-written. Clever mix of wit and humor. You deserve to be a top writer. :x

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Blue
Loved the graphic, BR, the expression on that girl's face says it all. Everybody wants to see their name up in lights, but few really want to work at it. Can't remember who said, "Genius is 1 part inspiration and 9 parts perspiration," but, whoever he was, he was brilliant and right! Learning to write is serious business and just wanting to be a good writer isn't enough. You have to read and read and read and then write and write and write. And what you write still may not be good enough. But if you enjoy writing and others smile or cry while reading your work, you've done welll. Thanks for giving me a jumping off place to work out some of my thoughts, BR. You've written another very provocative, interesting and entertaining piece. Bravo!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Joyce
The best kind of work is HARD but the rewards are SOFT. Another home run, Baby.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh, Baby. You speak the truth, I'm afraid. Another brilliant satire,

Posted 10 Years Ago


Damn it, thought I had all of my middle school pictures burned. Where did you find that?
Love this!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you seamstress

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5096 Views
93 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on June 20, 2013
Last Updated on June 21, 2013

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren