Trayvon

Trayvon

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

RIP

"
The prosecution couldn't prove it's case
The liberals want to make it about race
Pundits have different opinions to spout
in the media blitz post trial fallout
Eighty thousand experts have their say
So we're dazzled by the flying bullshit ballet
It's really just a tragic case of wanna be
by one tiny dick complex man's fantasy
Carry a weapon you don't know how to use
Instant bad a*s with offers you can't refuse
A weapon doesn't give you a set of balls
Just the one who makes the bodies fall
Once bullets fly you can't apologize
So let this be a word to the wise
The lesson learned is but a simple one
Never leave your house with a f*****g gun

© 2013 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
For your consideration. The US is the world leader in weapons systems manufacturing including everything from Trident missile systems fully capable of launching a nuclear payload up Kim Jong un's Communist ass to the .22 caliber starter pistols they fire at the start of a foot race. Weapons manufacturing giants, like the fuel, gas and coal industry have a huge vested interest what sort of legislation gets passed on behalf of their interests and bottomless pockets to pay for whatever they want. Do you really think the US government would do anything to curtail that kind of financial power not to mention the political muscle the US has enjoyed abroad from the trade and sales of US made weapons systems. So go ahead and feel free to argue about second amendment rights while our government ease drops on the conversation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
Well at least one lesson people should learn...whether or not they will listen is another story!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

That's for sure
Point and Match! Excellent piece and excellent point

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Eddie
A most terrifying and realistic thought you've made in me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Well alright. Thank you sir
Even without guns, there are thousands of ways to kill. Guns are just simpler, you can do them at a distance and your victim will die without a clue. In this case, my personally verdict, I don't care. Why should I? It isn't me laying under the ground. I didn't shoot someone. So why should I stop and act like I give a damn? I didn't, I don't. But what I found interesting about this whole situation was the out cry for other crimes.

The murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom. At least Trayvon died from one shot. This couple was tortured before dying. And where was the outrage? Well, there wasn't really one because the people who did this to them were punished by the justice system. So why is it that so many people are upset about this whole thing? Because someone isn't being punished. But if he had been sentenced, would there be people still protesting? I seriously doubt it.

Good write, I enjoyed reading it. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Black on black crime happens every day. Where's the outrage there? The popular press made the case a.. read more
Claire Barsett

10 Years Ago

I more than agree with you.
Guns have no place in 'normal' society. Belfast has its own wanna be cowboys and the 'wee man complex' applies here too. Just leads to more trouble.
Good write BR.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Yes it does. Thank you ANTO
Strongly thought provoking.. I for one felt the case had too many flaws... He was found not guilty and that should be it now... He will never ever be free... Glad I happened upon this. Good read. thank you.
shallimarRose

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by Rose
It was eavesdrop. Just saying. I grew up in Japan and civilians lived perfectly content without the rights to bear arms. In fact, my high school life was actually more interesting since our fights, street fights, does not include lethal weapons like guns and knives. Cowards may bring a knife or two every now and then, but those are very rare. There was this one fight I could not forget. My school's seniors were having a dispute with the students of a different school. One of the seniors asked for my help and my friends because they said they might be outnumbered of 4-1. Of course, we agreed to help. After school, we went to this abandoned construction site. On our side, there was around 30 seniors and 17 juniors, me and my friends. When we get there, there were like over 60 to 70 thugs. All were wearing flu masks or bandanas. We all had baseball bats and bokuto, wooden swords, and some had metal pipes. One of the local gangs acted as a mokugeki or an official witness. The guy who appeared as the gang leader tossed a coin. The moment the coin hit the floor, we all went for it. It wasn't anything like what you see in anime and manga where everyone is fighting one on one. They would actually gang up on who they think are the leaders. The fight lasted for about an hour and a half. I managed to hold my ground with my best friend, Kuzuken, and beat up about 10-20 of them before reinforcements from their side made an appearance. We were totally outnumbered. We got our asses kicked. Most of us were hospitalized for about a week or two.

Anyways, my point is that we don't need guns to be violent.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great poem! I was quite puzzled by the outcome of the case. I don't think they should have charged him with murder though. The should have charged him with invoulantary manslaughter

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Good point. Thank you
⊰ℛℛ⊱
I can see you are referring to the Zimmerman case. I've actually talked in length about this to some other people in Xanga. Very bad what happened there.

Once again a very well rhymed and metered poem, Rico. I especially like the phrase, "Flying Bullshit Ballet."

http://bit.ly/16ghrNS


Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thinking you're all bad a*s because you have a weapon is nothing but thuggery. Another tragedy is th.. read more
Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

That's seriously fucked. Sorry, I'm posting on my phone and it makes a lot of decisions for me. Like.. read more
dw817

10 Years Ago

I agree. As I wrote in Xanga:

Hi. I keep a strange opinion of the world. I believe all .. read more
Couldn't agree more. Well written

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you......

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1139 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 22, 2013
Last Updated on July 22, 2013

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scumbag Scumbag

A Poem by s y e