A Veteran's Prayer

A Veteran's Prayer

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

Veteran's Prayer

"


My Veteran's prayer

Is that our children's children

Won't have to do this

© 2014 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
Happy Veterans day ya'll.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I send my prayers with yours my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

thank you mark
Thank you for the photos. No-one win in war. Last photo broke my heart. I have been with good friends children lost in the Iraq war funerals. A silence of sadness for the family left with only memories left. Thank you for remembering the Soldiers.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by Coyote. I appreciate it
Amazing prayer!! You have shown what a powerful message may be delivered in so very few words!! The pictures portray a very, very memorable message!!! They are each and every one worthy to be remembered!!!!


Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Sheila
I think perhaps that this was also my father's prayer, and my brother's.

Thank you, Ricochet, for enduring what you did so that others wouldn't have to.

-Caradoc

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

thank you Caradoc
Profound and emotive, the visual imagery and prophetic wording certainly strike a chord deep within !


Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

thank you tom
What a fitting Tribute and Illustrations.
Thanks for this powerful image honoring our VETS. You included my friend!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

thank you doug
Beautifully said. Beautifully presented.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

thank you siren
Amen BR … He hears…
If only humans would, but that would require listening, and that requires personal peace..
Thank you Sir..

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Renee
Renée

10 Years Ago

I am grateful that I am able to read your prayer and thoughts…now.. go write something that is Ric.. read more
A veterans' fight is not just over seas and the pain of a wife of husband is not when they lose their other half forever. The pain they feel is when they leave to go on a deployment knowing that there is always a threat that they will not make it home. A loss of limb is nothing compare to losing one's life. The family of military members is just as strong and sacrificing as what these men and women go through. The world is not likely to change, so the children of our children, and even their children will have to face this. Scenes of war will always be scene in the world, and it has been this way since the ancient times, but the scenes of these days get broadcast across the world, creating an uproar and a deeper since of hatred towards many of these people. So No, in fact the children of generations to come will not be spared from this.

This is coming from a daughter of an active serving member of the Army, and the family of many veterans, a niece of a currently serving Army Reservists.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

When we were deployed to Iraq in 04 we were all pretty highly motivated. We thought we might actuall.. read more
Wow,
Strong piece. Few words but powerful images. I am with you on this one.
(raises glass) to a better future than the past has laid out!
Chris
100/100

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

thank you chris

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1888 Views
54 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 11, 2013
Last Updated on November 11, 2014

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..