36 images

36 images

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

Some of these images are quite graphic and may disturb some of you.

"

This is a true story


About what you want to believe


and what really happened


In a land we destroyed


For corporate profit


We went on patrols


Looking for bad guys


We kicked down their doors


Terrorized their families


Humiliated their men


Killed their children


Attacked their religion


Displaced their Nation


and they hated us for it.


So they hit back


and we we hit them


In an ever escalating cycle


Of high powered violence


That pushed us to breaking


and the innocent lives


caught in the crossfire


Were killed by the thousands


Because we were lied to


By a band of fools


Clueless with arrogance


Our bodies came home


Our families they grieved


Our people protested


While we fought for our lives


We finally came home


They fell into chaos


America moved on


But we didn't


Because we paid the piper


For our Nation's folly


© 2014 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
This was the hardest thing I ever posted on this site. I'm going to take it down in a few days. It's not appropriate for the WC but it's something I had to do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I mean, I'm used to looking at such horrible images, but I can't get over the fact that this is reality itself. A lot of people think it's okay to shoot back and even when hearing such tragedies as this, they say it is for the better when they have not felt the pain of killing innocents. There's a lot of corruption within these photos and yet, a lot of truth to what nations are facing right now. I just hope someone is sensible enough to at least get a word out in this view of what is happening. I have to say, maybe suggest not to take this down. Yes, I'm saying do not take this down. You can if you wish, but I think it is best to keep it here. There are many worse on other sites but WC in particular can deal with this, at least I hope. A message like this stands out with a lot of truth.

Posted 10 Years Ago


It is scary how much truth each of these images hold. It shows us that such fear and violence is able to be achieved today. To show us that such terrible, damaged people are out there, who wish to attack us and do whatever they can to defend themselves. They just want us out of there, to give them peace. But we think: how can we do that when they have done such terrible things to our country and nation? But in my opinion, revenge is not a good way to settle or solve our problems, they will only make them worse...we should have just left them alone, got out while we can...

Posted 10 Years Ago


the photos speak for themselves...war maims the body, and the spirit...

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's certaintly hard to look at, but glad you posted it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


sometimes the reality of War can bring forth the Truth...sadly you just exposed it....

Posted 10 Years Ago


It must feel good to take it out. Hang in there buddy ... there are no easy answers ... only those worth trying. Tks for the invite Patrick.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Horrendous, BR. And you had to live this. We only have to see photos. I am so very sorry for all of you who endured that agony. I give you 100 for your heroism and the heroism of all who served.



Posted 10 Years Ago


Photos told the real story. It is appropriate for the W.C. Artwork and photos are poetry for the eyes. Each photo told a complete story. I believe it is the responsibility of the writer to tell the truth. You did. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
They say a picture can say a thousand words, and you did it good my friend. It tells how the world and war are still the same throughout the years.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Thank you for sharing this amazing poem of tragic pics of this war.. A picture speaks a thousand words...:)........

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1780 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on January 3, 2014
Last Updated on January 3, 2014

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


If You... If You...

A Poem by s y e