36 images

36 images

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

Some of these images are quite graphic and may disturb some of you.

"

This is a true story


About what you want to believe


and what really happened


In a land we destroyed


For corporate profit


We went on patrols


Looking for bad guys


We kicked down their doors


Terrorized their families


Humiliated their men


Killed their children


Attacked their religion


Displaced their Nation


and they hated us for it.


So they hit back


and we we hit them


In an ever escalating cycle


Of high powered violence


That pushed us to breaking


and the innocent lives


caught in the crossfire


Were killed by the thousands


Because we were lied to


By a band of fools


Clueless with arrogance


Our bodies came home


Our families they grieved


Our people protested


While we fought for our lives


We finally came home


They fell into chaos


America moved on


But we didn't


Because we paid the piper


For our Nation's folly


© 2014 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
This was the hardest thing I ever posted on this site. I'm going to take it down in a few days. It's not appropriate for the WC but it's something I had to do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

No, it's not appropriate for WC, but it was the right thing for you to do. If the truth isn't made known, liars will continue to win.

And, as the man I love would say," Everybody lies."

Posted 10 Years Ago


I'm glad you did and I'm pretty sure I know why you felt compelled to do it. Thanks, BR.

100 hard things

Posted 10 Years Ago


some things you can't unsee. and that is what gives me hope. If anyone is disgusted by this piece - it means that person's 'heart' is still working.
A wrenching post - but necessary. Kudos for being able to post it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow, it takes a brave man to put this out there for all to read and see. I am just speechless, words cannot express what the pictures havent already. You are such an inspiring poet BR. Thank you for sharing. 10/10.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Painful insight Mark, we all know what war consists of, but when you have to look these atrocities in the face, it makes it all too real.

Posted 10 Years Ago


It had some gross pictures in it, but it had a point. I loved it! I don't really think you should take it down, just change it to rated teen or mature. I was really very good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The kings show up untouched post war. Only the common people die !

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow. This left me speechless. To be honest I have never deployed and not sure if I want to after reading this. I don't agree with war and violence, I joined the military to make a difference not take innocent lives. This poem was so raw and real. Thank you for sharing the reality of it all.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You are truly brave Baby,this brought tears to my eyes.The people in power don't give a damn how much die, suffer or are destroyed by the orders they give, in the guise of saving us all they have murdered and broken people to the point of no return.I am sorry to all the men and women who have to go through this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You are a brave man BR and that you should be proud of. Yes, you were duped as were all Americans...and you did pay the piper and continue to do so. I know there is nothing I could ever say that would make any of this seem ok - but I will tell you - you need to leave this up. People need to see this. They need to understand.

Hugs, Julie

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1778 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on January 3, 2014
Last Updated on January 3, 2014

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


If You... If You...

A Poem by s y e