The 4th

The 4th

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

A message from Baby Ricochet

"
The forth of July
Taking time to celebrate
freedoms we're losing 


If you're one of these people who think freedom is the right to stroll through Wal Mart dressed as Ben Franklin with a BushMaster rifle over slung over your shoulder, you're an idiot.
Real freedom is earning a decent income at a decent job so you can live in a decent neighborhood and send your decent kids to a decent school and not have to worry about some a*****e pumping Jack and Jill's classroom full of rounds because his scientologist employer had a religious objection to including anti psychotic meds on their healthcare plan. Real freedom is not living in a country with the highest incarceration rate in the f*****g world where privately held prisons have an interest in keeping their cells filled to maximum capacity. Real freedom isn't a government being held hostage by a gang of emotional three year olds because they let their party be controlled by village idiots so they could convince people to stupid to know any better to vote against their own interests. Real freedom is listening to experts and not morons with big mouths and microphones. Real freedom is knowing you won't retire to that trash dumpster behind the 7/11 after you have a stroke and can't work 80 hours a week at 8 bucks an hour to pay rent on your single wide anymore. Real freedom is the right not to get fucked over by big government, big business, big insurance, big media, big b***s, the big top or what the f**k ever your big boogie man is. Real freedom is taking a stand for those who can't stand for themselves. Real freedom is a real problem for those at the top and a fading dream for the rest of us.Real freedom can be real scary because sometimes you gotta take a stand beyond paying the light bill. Real freedom means shaking s**t up and pissing people off because real freedom is dangerous to those at the top and they will do anything to keep us in line. Real freedom means a real fight.Happy 4th of July boys and girls. Lets get shitfaced and blow s**t up like are forefathers did. 

© 2014 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
America really does have the highest incarceration rate in the world. The 'freest' nation in the world with the highest incarceration rate in the world. Seriously, what the fuck is up with that? If that's not an indication of something is seriously wrong with this picture I don't know what is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well DAMN! You get the head nod and the hand clap for this one. Right on the money. Right on the money. Yup. Loved this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Amen, brother! Spew that freedom vomit all over the place because that's all "freedom" is anymore, right? The upchuck of those above us, and we lap up the "prescribed" definition like loyal dogs. Sad reality is that we would rather have comfort than freedom. We want entertainment not rights. We want food and healthcare handouts, not healthy lives. We want. We want. We want. America has turned into a group of spoiled children without the gumption enough to stand up for fixing our reality. What is reality anymore anyways save for that which our government "prescribes" for us. "Good morning, loyal citizens, time to take your morning dosage of propaganda with your poisoned, frozen breakfasts covered in chemicals and after that we have a full schedule of fun activities including your 10 hour shift in order to pay taxes that send your superiors on vacation to Europe! Have a blessed day and don't forget to watch TV! Oh and by the way...no real news to report about the condition of the nation or the globe, here's a fun video of Miley Cyrus!"

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Now this is a rant!! Good one
As soon as I saw this I clicked on. It. Your own scathing brand of political commentary effective as usual, regardless of where you are from.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

thanks KL.....
As soon as I saw this I clicked on. It. Your own scathing brand of political commentary effective as usual, regardless of where you are from.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Working stiffs unite! You said a mouthful here. It is all about saying what you mean and meaning what you say. Glad to be where I am in a country to gives us the right to be what we want... most of the time. You are right though in the sense that way too many people don't get to raise to their potential. I have worked hard my whole life to have the "decent" package you describe but never lose sight of where I came from and where I could be. Volunteer, share your strength and sleep at night.... amen

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by
Great write mate. Very moving stuff

Regards
Troy

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks troy ....
well said baby. Still gonna get sh-tfaced tho.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

It's that kinda Holiday
You did it again! I can just imagine having a beer with you...it'll be awesome lol
-QuanaWana

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

LOL! Thank you Shaquana
You hit the bullseye with this, Mark. Outstanding, though sadly all too true, observations.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks Rita
Why Oh why are you not in politics. With your flair for speaking and extensive knowledge you could make a difference.
There have to be thousands thinking the same as you.
Great to know you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

I don't exactly have a clean cut background. The opposing party would plaster my dirty laundry every.. read more
MAD ENGLISHMAN

9 Years Ago

WELL you're not alone there. It seems we see stuff every week in the press. You think USA is bad, No.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

598 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 4, 2014
Last Updated on July 4, 2014

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..