Poetry slam video from a Palestinian  Journalist (Incredible)

Poetry slam video from a Palestinian Journalist (Incredible)

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

This blew me away. With my background though, it's no wonder.

"

© 2014 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
Thank you for watching. What's going on in the Palastinian territory which is occupied by Isreal. This round of bloodshed was started it is claimed by HAMAS when the three Isreali teens were found murdered, which is likely. HAMAS porposely store weapons and ammunition and takeup positions right on top of places like schools, hospitals, old folks homes, anywhere an Isreali shell will kill civilians. (The insurgents in Iraq used the same tactic) News media coverage goes straight to Alqazerra so all the Arab world sees is Isreal slaughtering civilians, because Isreal is slaughterng civilians. So did we in Iraq and afghanistan. That's why this video got to me as much as it did. It's from a civilian who just wants the slaughter to end. War is fucking horrible, fucking horrible and no amount of training can prepare you for how horrible it is and what it does to your mind, heart and soul. You can physically survive but no one survives unharmed, no one. Thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a touching poem that strikes right at the heart with its pure rage and frustration with modern affairs and it truly is a tragedy that they are taking place. I must say, I agree with your author's note wholeheartedly and 'tis a shame that once bullets start flying, decency is thrown out the window and full efforts go to waging the war rather than appealing and pleading for peace (which, I admit, could possibly lead to even worse consequences via appeasement, but not always).

War is truly horrible and the poem evokes that notion hauntingly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank for dropping by Tai
i just watched the video of the palestinian woman. i understand her anger. i can't empathize because i've never been that victimized. but i understand because i share the anger. but i think her anger was misplaced when it was directed at the asker of the question. i think it's a valid question. why can't we all teach peace. for thousands of years the jews and palestinians (or factions of them) have taught distrust and hatred for each other. much of that distrust on both sides has been justified. and i'm not just pointing the finger at these two factions. in the ukraine, the russians are fighting over borders that they fought over for hundreds of years. in iran and iraq, factions who have been fighting for generations continue the feuds. in our own country, peace is always the last option looked at rather than the first. we teach division. we teach distrust. we teach fear. so it was. so it is. so, unfortunately, shall it ever be. war is hell. war is people. war is us. as the comic pogo said many years ago "we have met the enemy and they are us". we can do better.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you for watching Bob and for your insights. We have to do better but I don't hold out for much.. read more
A well presented piece. Strong and filled with passion.

Thanks for sharing

Regards
Troy

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks for watching and reading Troy
That was incredulously soul provoking... I've never got goosebumps from such thing.... what a powerful presentation, especially after reading your preface and opinions.. thank you for the profoundly intense share.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Chaselyn
I am always a bit uncomfortable commenting on things I have no experience with.. there is a certain kind of arrogance born of naivety when one has lived the "charmed" life of a W.A.S.P. female.. it is said that poetry is the language of the heart and I felt her righteous rage.. thank you for sharing this...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by olla.
This is a bad situation. I went to Israel with a machine gun and 9 mm many years ago. I didn't feel safe. People at work tell me. Like the Native American. They lost and there is nothing to be done. Hate and murder will increase. Need a real miracle. The video was powerful. Israel won't change unless there is new leadership. They want land now. No matter who must die or lose. I hope and pray for better days my friend.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

The extremists on both sides won't feel vindicated with anything less than soldering ruins rising ou.. read more
A strong and very "felt" presentation. I also agree with YOUR Author's Note and take about the situation. A true peace can't exist or succeed until all sides realistically take responsibility and police their own peoples. But with most middle eastern communities under civil war, authoritarian monarchies, religious secularism, and strongarm-styled dictatorships - as well as an unrestrained system of unresolved terrorism by opportunists directing and leading aggrieved victims and past survivors for their own political and personal ends and power aggrandizement ...who will stand up to be killed - slaughtered out-of-hand - just to be another sound byte?

Sigh.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Great review Chris. Thanks for stopping by brother. I appreciate it.
Chris

9 Years Ago

Life as we live it is seldom as we want it... but it IS life...
I watched and felt - she really poised her poem well ~ excellent x

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

My favorite line "Patience wasn't on the tip of my tongue as the bombs fell over Gaza." When someone.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2014
Last Updated on July 15, 2014

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Amateur The Amateur

A Poem by MsJewel


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil