The Thundering Sky

The Thundering Sky

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

The US is bombing Iraq again. Well ain't that just swell.

"
The Thundering sky 
The Banshee's screech 
She breathed her last sigh
His hands out of reach 
Together forever
A place beyond time 
Remember forever 
The thundering sky 

© 2014 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
I'm wagering what pops into your head when the News Anchor says the words "Airstrikes" and what pops into mine are two drastically different scenes. I'll bet the collateral damage caused by the US airstrikes on ISIS never get so much as one second of air time. Dead Iraqis from American ordinance isn't good for the propaganda campaign and every military action has an accompanying propaganda campaign to sell it. The bottom line is if we hadn't had fucked Iraq up eight ways from Sunday to begin with we wouldn't be dropping bombs on swarms of militants now. Think of ISIS as a gang of unemployed, mostly unmarried young men driven mad by violence and lead by criminal psychopaths finally getting a pay check to send home. Most of the atrocities are committed by a small group of blood crazed fanatics who do nothing but commit atrocities because they're blood thirsty criminals and the rank and file militants refuse to do it. Most of them are there for the adventure and a paycheck because there's fuck all other options. Most of these militants did the same thing I did when they signed up. The place they called home sucked ass so bad they joined a military force to escape. Their behavior in the field, well, that's another story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

BR the way this read to me I got a really eerie feeling. I imagined a drone strike and the operator (his hands out of reach) now inextricably linked to the soul of the dead babies through these actions. Like you had written an observation of the universal link - Karma if you will between the bomber and the victims.
Im probably so far off - this is good writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Whatever a poem means is up to the reader so you're spot on. Thanks ANTO
The poem itself was very powerful and so sad at the same time. The horrible things going on around the entire war plagues my thoughts more often then I'd care to mention. Sometimes I wish I was a superhero or something lol Your author's note added even more emphasis to the sad truth of the situation. Standing in the middle we realize that both sides are completely fucked. Very well said. This poem tugged at my heart strings!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Briana
This piece is absolutely beautiful in its own truthful ways. Short yet intoxicatingly sweet. Well done! x

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by
brief and poweful..very nice

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks Voice
I am a mother and this one hits me where I live. I shake my head … why do we keep doing this? Great emotional, hard-hitting write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Pryde
[4:8] Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let us go out to the field." And when they were in the field, Cain rose up against his brother Abel, and killed him.
[4:9] Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?" He said, "I do not know; am I my brother's keeper?"
[4:10] And the LORD said, "What have you done? Listen; your brother's blood is crying out to me from the ground!
Our Brothers and Sisters. Our own human kind. Sorrow fills me......

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

It does me to. Thanks for stopping by
Cryingkate

9 Years Ago

I know Baby... We all know and appreciate where your Heart is and How much you Prove it.
Than.. read more
That was very affecting, and you really do have an enlightened insight.. you worked well one that..
and we still pray for one day, everthing will be great as it was initially.. great work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by
stars are far

9 Years Ago

my pleasure :)
Deep as always my friend.
Truth in a few words.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Sir
Such sadness and pain in these words, very well expressed. Good write Ricochet!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks Inda
Anyone whos been in thinnest of wars would vouch for the insanity you describe, that war brings, .......... thugs of wall street attired in decorated uniforms..............

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you WILDERNESS

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

580 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 19, 2014
Last Updated on August 19, 2014

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil