Radical Islam and US Media

Radical Islam and US Media

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

Just my opinion kids

"
While liberal media was busy covering Muslims denouncing the Charlie Hebdo attack and right wing media was cooking up crackpot conspiracies blaming president Obama a German newspaper was fire bombed for daring to re print Charlie Hebdo cartoons. US media has an uncanny knack for missing the big picture in favor of whatever bias your outlet of choice is pushing. Liberal or conservative. Most of it is insanely bias. It's blatantly obvious something's very wrong in the Muslim world and all the feel good PC liberal rhetoric and right wing quackery the media spoon feeds viewers isn't addressing the issue as much of the "reporting" on Charlie Hebdo demonstrates. I don't care how many Muslims are denouncing the Charlie Hebdo attacks when the attacks keep happening nor do I care what FOX news is ignoring or fabricating or what liberal conspiracy right wing media swears liberal media is selling. It's obvious the Muslim world is impotent in the face of it's own radicalism as much as it's obvious US media is far to interested in finger pointing at each other than actual insightful reporting. US media needs to start a serious conversation as to what in the hell is going on in the Islamic world without all the usual liberal PC posturing and right wing conspiracy fear mongering if we're ever going to gain any insight as to why Islamic culture has such a violent shadow. Face it kids. Any culture producing the type and number of extremists  Islam does clearly has a major problem. Blaming Israel or the us or big oil or Bush or Obama or shouting Islamaphobia or comparisons with Christianity's violent past or any of the talking points we hear over and over again when Radical Islam strikes isn't addressing the Issue. You can bet more Charlie Hebdo attacks are coming as well as more denouncements, PC posturing, crackpot conspiracy theories and media pointing at itself.  That's the dance of US media in the face of radical Islam. We need another lens on this issue, bad. 

© 2015 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
US media outlets play to their demographic first and report second and that's a major problem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm in Canada so I couldn't say but isn't that against the 'code' of journalistic integrity?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

US media has lost much of it's integrity by competing for ratings, being manipulated by advertisers .. read more
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

A new angle to the business of war. Interesting.
I've listened to talk radio but don't know who to believe. Same with newspapers. I agree with all you've said here.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Relic. It's good to here from you
I could not agree with you more. Both worlds, east and west, need to get their heads out of their butts and look at the problem at its root and then look for viable solutions. Excellent editorial BR...you strike at the heart of the issue.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Blue
Pretty much my opinion as well, Ricochet!
I was in Germany when the attacks happened in Paris, and the press over there has their heads buried up their tailpipes as much as they do over here.
Well said.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Noel

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1161 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2015
Last Updated on January 13, 2015

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..