I could start a drug habit

I could start a drug habit

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

I pulled this out my a*s in about fifteen minutes

"
I could start a drug habit 
but that takes too much time 
Stick a needle in my arm 
and set life on rewind 

It's got to feel incredible 
The way the people die 
The death I know is violent 
Not peaceful bye & bye 

Drift away on breathless clouds 
on someones bathroom floor 
Lying dead in pools of puke 
An O.D. to the core 

Snorting up the Oxycontin
Shooting up the crack 
Smoking up the cigarettes 
There's twenty to a pack 

Nodding out in alleyways 
Turning ugly tricks 
Rotten teeth fall out my mouth 
Sucking on old dicks 

I could start a drug habit 
but I got s**t to do 
Doesn't seem like too much fun 
But that's what people do  

© 2016 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
Ya gotta wonder why so many go there. I don't particularly like opioid based meds & I'm not allowed to drink more than a few beers in one sitting. Apparently I've a knack for saying the wrong thing when I drink too much. Imagine that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know this is old, but I like it. left the site for a while and had a bout with alcoholism and I still find it funny. lol. It's sad to say that you encapsulated the vibe that comes once you're deep enough in it.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Been there, dear heart.Lost a leg and was put on Oxycontin for a month; that was enough to do it.
Suddenly taken off the pain meds, but still n a lot of pain, I went looking for oxycontin. Found it, but the price was steep at $1.00 per milligram. That was $20 for just one pill. HOWEVER, heroin could be had at 5 bucks a bag, and at first, that was enough for 2 doses--at first. Soon, needed more, and the pain held on and on.
Finally, I didn't need the pain relief any more, so I tried to stop using heroin.
Nope. Heroin wasn't having any of THAT!
It took me close to three months to slowly wean myself off the heroin.
That's why a lot of people go there, BR. More than you'd think.
I, like most others I've met in my situation, never used needles, though as a diabetic, I have plenty of them. Just the nose. I wasn't looking to get high; just not to hurt.
Why someone just starts doing it for no reason? No clue. I don't understand that at all. If I want to get high, pot is my go-to drug. Doesn't make me nod out or become desperate for more when it wears off. It's cool, and it's comfortable.
Not into drinking, but I will on special occasions; Guinness, and Brandy Alexanders, to be exact.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Very accurate. They go there to forget, to avoid, to not face the truth about themselves sometimes feeling helpless, hopeless, worthless. Not looking at the long term effects. I have seen it one too many times. Like the poem. Sums it up nicely. Being lost in the fog of drugs.

Posted 7 Years Ago


You could, but who would be left to tell us what we are doing wrong! I jest of course, I've never understood the addiction myself either, well done, good read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

Thank you Thomas
I like your matter-of-fact tone here . . . showing the dark side with vivid details, then opting to avoid after this convincing argument illustrated with specific examples. Since I've lived in extreme constant pain for 10+ years, I could have all the opioids I want, but it's not a good trade-off. Better to manage pain in more natural ways, I've found.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

Thank you Barleygirl
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Never been there, like many have quaffed to many beers at times and like you have a tendency to blurt out what I think funny ( in my head) to the abject horror,disgust of those in earshot. However, have nearly, not quite, outgrown this. Another good read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

Thank you Gee
I think it is really hard for people who don't naturally take up habits that are bad for them. I personally can't stand being dependent on anything -- when I did smoke, I always said I would never go out in a snow storm to get them, and I never did. The day I quit, I just quit, and never smoked again. People who aren't addicts have a hard time understanding the why -- it's knowing your own personality that matters. If you are prone to addiction, stick to carrot juice or something. I know that sounds flippant, but healthy habits are a better alternative.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

You're right. Great insight. Thanks KL
I agree.
"I could start a drug habit
but I got s**t to do
Doesn't seem like too much fun
But that's what people do "
I bury five brothers. Drugs were their life. Early death and never could face life. I liked the above lines. Thank you for sharing the entertaining poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

That's terrible. I'm sorry for your loss Coyote.
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Some people are born seeking death over living.
Yup, it's truly sad so many go there. And yeah, we all have a knack for saying dumb things when drinking.
Good poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by
I really enjoyed the inner craving you portrayed in this piece. I've had friends currently pass from drug addictions & my brother had his battle here and there with drugs and alcohol, but he's fine. Anyway, I can understand the feeling of being curious about experiencing with drugs & how they would make you feel, wanting to view death for itself or push the limits to see how close you can get to death. Very stunning words you write!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

Thank you Svetlana

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

839 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 22, 2016
Last Updated on July 22, 2016

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic