SCREWDRIVERS & COPS

SCREWDRIVERS & COPS

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

Seriously?

"
I took a big a*s screwdriver 
and though it sounds insane 
I stuck it deep into my eye 
trying to hit my brain 
I thought my brain was dangerous 
My thoughts were full of bad 
Now I have a pirate patch 
and miss the eye I had 
That's how stupid cops sounded 
Trying to justify 
Shooting at an autistic man 
and hitting a black guy 
You've got to be f*****g kidding me 
Man did they screw up 
They fucked this up right royally
like listening to Trump 
Let this be a lesson children 
so when you're out at play
Keep screwdrivers in their place 
and watch the cops today  

© 2016 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
What's worse? Admitting you were trying to shoot an autistic person or shooting the person trying to help him? Real fucking Smooth Miami PD. Real fucking smooth.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well there's a thought, our brains, the most sophisticated weapon we have, well done, I enjoyed reading this fine piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

It is. Thanks Thomas
Excellent rendition of truth here. I tried to find a good video of a cop I finally found one of a a good cop saving a guy from a bad one So they cancelled each other out

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

Thanks for dropping by Tate. It'd good to hear from you.
It's powerful, blunt, and in tune with exactly the feelings that have come about with today's problematic police-community relations. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

Thank you Chronicallygeeky.
Thank you for finding such an astute metaphor to exemplify the stupidity of some of the ridiculous rationalizations (about many more things than just this situation, but I appreciate that focus gives ZING to a message) . . . such s**t that's been flying around for weeks, months, & years. The first & third stanzas are incredibly powerful in their sarcasm, & I could laugh until I cry. I think most of us find this too ridiculous for words, that's why I have such admiration for someone who can put it into words without sounding like every other well-meaning political commentator amongst thousands. This is divine scorn.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

Thank you Barley girl
This was an interesting piece. I'm too out of touch with politics to take sides, and know what's going on. But your message still got across. Poems that rhyme like this either get too poetic or lose power in their lines, because they sacrifice a good line for the sake of a rhyme at the end of the sentence. You didn't do either. Honestly, the lines in this didn't stand out as anything special at all, but the personality behind them did. I'd love to see what kind of stuff you'd come up with if you didn't restrict yourself to the same form every time. I think you could have really good and interesting pieces as a result. Your personality comes through in the writing, which is rare. If this is what you love, then throw what I'm saying out the window. Thank you for sharing with us.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Got to say that at times the goings on in your country are quite unbelievable, and that's coming from a British with an everyone hates us outlook on life. Enjoyed the read....Mark ?

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
yes, i had the same thoughts...much better to have been aiming at a person who is disabled in some way and can't fend for him or herself.

good grief.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

Yeah, They f'ed that up bad. We have to hold LE to a higher standard than that.
The issues just keep compounding themselves don't they? One does not justify the other, and both sides (anti-cop and pro-cop) use one example to justify the other. As a by-stander it is maddening. Shooting innocent civilians isn't justifiable, and neither is gunning down cops at random. Everyone needs to chill out -- AND think before acting or "retaliating".
p.s., I think you meant lesson in your last stanza.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

Ooh. I'll fix that. Thanks KL>
The problem is fear and a lack of gun control ... at least gun control would offer the most immediate solution to police brutality. I cannot believe that the police are somehow integrally more drawn to racism and bigotry. I imagine they are as varied in belief as the population at large ... the difference they deal with a lot more fear and the known threat that a suspect or just a speeder may be carrying. (profiling is at play too) While we are at it, improve education ... pay teachers better and create jobs. A little social democracy would go a long way down there:):):)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

7 Years Ago

Yes it would. Thanks for stopping by Pryde

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1362 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2016
Last Updated on July 24, 2016

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee