My Guardian Angel

My Guardian Angel

A Story by Ari
"

a girl falls in love with an angel but will fate let them stay together?

"

“Hey look out! I’m going to crash!” a voice screamed out from behind me. A boy with white wings collided into me. He caught me but we rolled through several mud puddles and that was the last thing I remembered until I woke up in an unknown place with him sleeping half naked next to me.

 

 “Wh-WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?” I screamed at the nameless guy. I jumped out of the double bed, staring at the boy who probably stole my virginity. He won’t say anything and shivered from the lack of warmth. He finally had the courtesy to wake up and look at me.

“Oh so you woke up. That’s good. I thought I would have to take you to a hospital or something. How’s your head? You took a beating from me. Sorry about that.” He came close to pet my head. “Well good there’s no bump. Does it hurt with any pressure?”

I shook my head no. The unknown man seemed to be about 18 years of age. He looks as if he works out a lot but he’s not super muscular. What’s even stranger is his black hair and green eyes. I’m guessing he’s foreign or most likely a mix of races. I want to ask where my clothes are but my voice seems to be taken by his beauty.

“You don’t talk much and I’ll respect that. Do you want some coffee? Your clothes are in the wash. They got dirty from the mud. I didn’t see anything if you’re wondering. I didn’t do anything to you while you were asleep; just cleaned your face and gave you a pair of my clothes.” I looked down to see a baggy white shirt and blue jeans that slide across the floor as I walk. He really did tell the truth and nothing aches like it would if we had sex.

“No thanks on the coffee and thank you for being so nice to me.” My voice finally came out and I never sounded so girly or petite. My eyes automatically avoided his forest green eyes. I could tell he smirked at me.

“What’s your name sweetie? Mine’s Loki.”

“Naomi.” I whispered.

“Naomi. The Hebrew name that means beautiful, pleasant, and delightful. A name that truly suits you. Your cute heart shaped face, chocolate brown eyes and similar dark chocolate hair only emphasize your name. Naomi.”

 Loki walks closer and closer to me until he is no more than a breath away from me. He wraps his arms around me and rests his forehead on mine. Slowly his head bend down then put his warm lips on mine. His perfect lips taste like the bitter coffee he was drinking earlier. I want to push away but I fit comfortably into his slight masculine body. I break away from the kiss and slightly smile at him.

“Here get changed and I’ll bring you home. The clothes should be done by now.” Loki showed me where he keeps the washer and dryer. After ten minutes of changing I tell Loki that I’m ready to go. We walk leisurely outside of his run-down apartment and the world has that fresh new look and smell after a good rain. The clouds still have that slight grayness but the white is as pure as Loki’s angel wings.

“Give me your hand and I’ll take you via angel power.” So I trust him and take his thin hand. He jumps up and he starts to actually fly. I shut my eyes but once he tells me to open them; I see the blue sky and puffy clouds surrounding us. I feel that no one is left in the world but Loki and I.

“My house is down there; in that small neighborhood. It’s the big one with a single garage.” Loki softly lands right in front. He kisses me on the cheek and flies off in the same direction we just came from. My cell phone vibrates as I quietly climb up the stairs. An unknown number is shown but I still look at the message anyway.

‘Hey Naomi; its Loki. Sorry but I saved your number into my phone while you were asleep. Let’s keep in touch. (^-^).’

I start to text Loki; asking him all these different questions ‘What is an angel doing on Earth?’, ‘Why did you crash into me last night?’ and ‘Am I the only one that is able to see you?’ He answered each questioned by starting off as ‘I swear to God I’m telling the truth’. Then in each text message, he gave me paragraphs on what’s going on and what he’s doing here on Earth. Apparently rogue demon got loose from hell and the elite angels are supposed to bring them back for divine punishment. Demons are taking over the darkness in people’s hearts and using them to do horrendous crimes. More and more people go to jail with no memory of ever doing anything wrong. Loki is worried that people will not go to heaven when they die because of these ‘bad deeds’.

 

“HEY NAOMI STEVENS! Geez listen when a person is trying to talk to you. I have been screaming your name for the past 2 minutes.” Vivian Parker; my best friend of 3 years. We’ve been together since 8th grade. The boys in our class always have contests to see who would win in a beauty contest and they say that Vivian would be the superior one. Her perfectly proportioned body, golden hair and hazel eyes put everyone she meets into a trance. I simply can’t win against her natural beauty. Not even if Loki says that I look better. He hasn’t seen Vivian yet.

“What do you need Vivian? I’m waiting for a text.”

“Oh, from who? A new boyfriend maybe?” She swiped my cell from my hand and right as she did Loki’s ringtone filled the air.

‘Hey I’ll come to pick you up from school now. I’m waiting in the front gate.’

“Have fun my sweetie in love.” Vivian gave me a little push out of the classroom door.

“Thanks Vivian.” I jogged off to meet up with Loki. An attractive man leaning on a new, shiny, red Camaro waits outside of the school. “LOKI!”

“Hey. Ready to hit the town?” He extended his hand out for me and opened the car door like a gentleman. “Where do you want to go first? The mall, aquarium, or a special place that only I know of?”

“That special place only you know of. It sounds interesting.”

“Good choice.” Loki drives to the remote area of the nearby forest in the small town that we live in. The forest is too dense for any vehicle so we get out and start to walk on foot. Further into the forest is a clear blue lake. Green grass seems to go on forever and the trees provide the perfect shady comfort. “Well, how about a picnic?” Loki brings out a basket from behind him.

We spend the day playing in the water and eating delicious food Loki has made. The evening light comes faster than we realized. Loki played the guitar singing the song ‘Oh It Is Love’ by Hellogoodbye. It really felt like the song was made for this moment and just for us. After the big day, we relaxed under the shade of the trees. I lay happily in his arms. The sun sets on this wonderful day and the night comes by to tell us that it has to come to an end.

At home, things are quiet as usual. My parents’ picture waits for me just like every day.

“I’m home Mom and Dad.” No response. Mom was a photographer for fashion magazine. She was really making a name for herself since Grandpa wanted her to take over the floral shop. Dad worked as an editor in a publishing company. He was strict with the authors but he got his work done right. When they died it was snowing really hard and a drunk driver crashed into them. I was only 5 years old when they died instantly in the impact. I lived with my Grandma and Grandpa. But once I entered high school, I started to live on my own. Times are tough but my parents left an adequate amount of money for me in their will. I make do with what                            I have and save as much as I need to.  

 

“What do you mean that we can’t meet up for a while?!” I cried into my cell phone.

“Naomi you have to understand, I found a lead on the demon I’m hunting and I can’t let him go. Demons are crafty, sly, and quick witted. They can easily change any human’s emotion practically by blinking! Demons want revenge from thousands of years ago. They want revenge for being pushed off of heaven. They hate all that’s pure and beautiful. Corrupted and tainted is their life style. I don’t want one to become your new friend. Please get that idea through you head!” Loki bluntly described.

“Okay okay I get it. Don’t blow a gasket. Go off and catch that demon so you can come right back to me, unharmed.” I had to face the fact that this is what Loki came here to do; not spend the day away with me. Even if it was fun.

I hung up the phone and continued to walk to school. Everyone appeared to be really into studying. The finals were coming up and no one could afford to mess up on these tests. A good college choice depends on how someone does on these tests.

“NAOMI HELP! I can’t seem to remember some of the stuff that will be on the literature test. Quiz me?” Vivian pouted her bottom lip and gave her best puppy dog face to win me over.

“Sure. Sit down and hand over your flash cards.” I sat down at my desk and started to ask Vivian the questions. We went over each flash card at least 4 times before the teacher entered the room.

“Okay everyone get into your own seats. Let me introduce our new student. His name is Jinx Cage. He transferred from Italy.” A silver haired and golden eyed boy stood proudly in front of the class of 34.He was gave the impression that he jumped out of a mythology textbook. Jinx looked like a teenager girl’s dream guy. Just one look from him gave me the shivers. Jinx cage might make an interesting addition to my life.

Mr. West told Jinx to sit in the empty seat next to yours truly. He continued geometry class after the introduction. Jinx quickly got comfortable next to me. Since Jinx didn’t have any textbooks yet, I shared mine with him. He came across to catch up where the class is. He answered every question correctly on the entire worksheet that was given. Finally the lunch bell rang. Jinx flew off to get a lunch from the cafeteria. Vivian took this moment to spin around in her seat and talk to me about him.

“Well what do you think of the new guy? I find him attractive. He has that way about him that says to back off but still filled with secrets that I want to undo.” Vivian could not stop saying all this stuff that I would never think of. I thought he was just good looking not Vivian approved.

“If you like him so much then go after him. I don’t care one way or another. It would be nice for you to get a boyfriend anyway.”

My cell phone vibrated in my skirt pocket like crazy. It was Loki’s number so obviously I wasn’t going to ignore him.

‘I think the demon is inside your school somehow. Did a new kid enter your class or any rumors about a new guy in any of the other classes? Text me back quickly.’

I did exactly what Loki needed to know. ‘Yeah. There’s a new guy that sits next to me. His name is Jinx Cage. Any other info needed Loki?’

Loki replied faster than a texting a normal, very social high school girl. ‘What does he look like and anything else that sticks out that’s not normal for a high school boy.’

‘Jinx has silver hair and gold eyes. He’s pretty thin and is probably the hottest guy in the class, according to my friend. Nothing really sticks out that weird but I’ll keep an eye on him for you.’ I sent the text and carried on with my lunch and the conversation with Vivian.

The rest of the day sprinted past me. Ever since my chat with Loki, it’s like the day purposely went by fast so something could happened between the two. I gathered my things from my desk and headed out the classroom door. I said my goodbyes to Vivian and wondered back to home. Loki was waiting beside the front door. He gave the impression determination. I never saw Loki like this before and I never once thought that I didn’t hate it.

“Naomi! How was school? Did you see anything weird about what’s his name?” Loki was acting obsessive and it creeped me out a lot.

“Do you mean Jinx? No he acted normal throughout the entire day. Quiet as a mouse.” I unlocked the front door and Loki just invited himself in. “Please come in. I don’t want you to stay out there for goodness sake.”

“Naomi, listen to me and please don’t interrupt if anything upsets you. Jinx is a demon and he is only disguised as a human teenager to get close to you. After spending time with you, I realized that your blood has an attracting quality about it. It makes supernatural beings desire to cling to you. Naomi, you are a human being that has a special title in heaven and probably in hell as well. ‘Tamer.’”

“Okay so what does this mean for me? So angels and demons are attracted to me, does mean I can keep one as a pet? Be specific Loki. Don’t leave me hanging.” I need to know more. I have a weird feeling that Loki is going to keep me in the dark and leave me there.

“It means that "”

“It means that if you don’t learn how to control your blood, then demon will come after you until you lie on the floor dead. With no more blood left in your body. Sorta like a vampire sucked it all out.” Jinx Cage stole the words right out of Loki’s mouth. Jinx knocked down my front door while Loki and I were talking; waiting for the right moment to step in. “Loki Mason, prepare to die by my hands!”

Jinx pounced on Loki and flew outside. Black clouds started to roll into the town. Thunder and lightning synced by every time Jinx struck Loki. A battle between two supernatural creatures that have hated each other since the beginning of time. Nothing could ever separate them from killing each other to either protect or get my blood. They mutually clawed, punched, and collided until their godly power swelled up inside of them. Loki looked at me and shed one single tear. He grabbed onto Jinx and soared into the gloomy clouds. One bright flash of light overpowers the lightning and thunder. Loki and Jinx continued to fight until I couldn’t see the light anymore. Loki gave himself up - for me - to battle Jinx for the rest of eternity. I never saw them ever again.

Everyone at school eventually forgot about Jinx and returned like he was never a part of our class. I remained safe; thanks to Loki. And over the course of three years, this small town still occasionally gets a bad thunder storm and I loved to stand outside. I would image that Loki and Jinx came back to retrieve me. I’m sure that they are still up there to this day no matter where a thunder storm is raging on. I bet my blood that they are continuing to fight over the blood that has stopped running through these old veins of mine. 

© 2013 Ari


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

chilling... haunting... I, um, I'm trying to find the words... the characters were very relatable. Keep writing. Seriously.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
1 Review
Added on January 27, 2013
Last Updated on January 29, 2013

Author

Ari
Ari

Northirdge, CA



About
My full name is Ariana. I am 17 years old. I love anime, good food, reading, exploring new places and my friends. I'm a regular teenager but just on the weird side. The good kind of weird. My friends .. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Ari