Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow

A Poem by Denise
"

Open to interpretation...

"




















 
 
 
 
 
Thick, impenetrable clouds obscure the frozen sky
Broken, black feathers descend on blustery winds
Shadows grow longer, kissing the earth with vengeance
Echoing dusk colored calls mark the beginning to an end.

Pounding hearts lost at sea, bleed mercilessly
Capsized in the onslaught of tormented waves
Sinking slowly, now peaceful in it’s watery grave.
Lament felt only by the sailor’s wife.

Tomorrow breeds a new fervor
Insistent on harvesting the seeds of the sun
Overpowering the sorrows of past deeds
Created and nurtured by the whims of our follies

© 2011 Denise


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I felt a darkness hovering... sunset song... that feeling that hope is moving on into the winded world... And yet even here, in this devouring sea, there is a bright glimmer left in the tomorrow seeds of a distant sunrise.. So profound!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Today is a thin line between yesterday and tomorrow because both seem to linger when brought to thought ether to forget that which we can not change or hope to change for the better. your title left me to ponder the meaning of this piece and yes! poetry is always open to interpretation, so for me with age comes wisdom that you learn from your past in order to confront today's challenges, hopeful for a better tomorrow.
Excellent write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Or off to new beginnings, while those left behind mourn the fallen vessel it travels into the unknown. Is it a folly to rest in peace or grieve for the lost? My heart doesn't understand, because it feels lost at sea all the time.

This is plucked full of feel and imagery, The sun's seeds grow in the most dire of places, like delicate flowers growing amongst the weeds.
I could play off these words endlessly. lol.

Great Write, Truly!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


A dramatic internal landscape. A torment that heals and turns to the sun for new hope and release... if 'our follies' will allow us leave it behind.

Great imagery!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This has some darker but beautiful imagery painted. the flow is easy to follow.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What we do today will affect us tomorrow it is our choices that bring pain and suffering to ourself and to others. This poems shows the struggle of life and death and to me how tomorrow we continue on the same path as we were on yesterday without learning from our past mistakes. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Not only is the sky frozen, but so is the earth, about 6 inches down, here in the land of the windchill factor..
Nice to read this, this morning Deni'
Perfect title, for this poem..and although the poem , on its surface seems to be about weather, and the way we struggle with it, my third eye sees that it is about human loss, and taking one day at a time.. though I might have a chunk of dirt in my minds eye, and it is not of that at all?

This poem was a joy to read, even if the topic is dark..I have learned to hug all emotions, dark or light..thanks for this embrace.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4148 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2011
Last Updated on November 2, 2011

Author

Denise
Denise

Williamsport, PA



About
I'm still quite new to the writing world other than the fact I enjoyed and excelled at English through my years of school and college. I mostly just write poetry because of my scattered mind and deep .. more..

Writing
Deprived Deprived

A Poem by Denise


Saving Grace Saving Grace

A Poem by Denise



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..