Writer's Block

Writer's Block

A Poem by DesertRock
"

My own take on writer's block, which I've been facing lately.

"
Dropping my pen on the desk,
No words flow from the ink.
It's never been this hard before.
Have I finally lost everything?
Everything I worked so hard for?
I don't want to believe it,
So I say a silent prayer to God
And I pick the pen up again.

© 2010 DesertRock


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Never let Writer's Block defeat you! Good move there, picking up the pen again. :)

I like this poem.
It's simple but it's impacting. Of course, all writers can identify with it, too, because we all experience Writer's Block from time to time and understand how hopeless and devastating it can feel. It's hard to overcome the frustration and keep going -- usually I just want to cry or slam my computer shut or rip out the page I'm writing on.

This poem captures the beginning of that emotion very well.
I also like how it starts with dropping the pen on the desk and ends with picking it back up. It begins with an end and ends with a beginning. Beautiful!

Keep up the great work -- upload more writing! You're good, so share your art with us! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think every writer, not only on here, but everywhere can relate to this poem. We have all been at our desks waiting to write something and nothing comes to mind. I hate when I'm at my desk with the pencil in my hand basically crying, i had a really bad day, and I have so much to write about but nothing comes to the peice of paper. I hate even more when I don't think I want to write, or I'm in the middle of an exam or something and all these ideas come pouring into my head. It stinks. I love the last lines. Sometimes we just have to cool down, think for a minute and even pray then go back to the writing because if we get too frustrated about having nothing down it will be no use. This is definitely going into my library. Please get more writing on here, and send me a read requet when you do! Thanks!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 22, 2010
Last Updated on December 22, 2010
Tags: writing, block, trouble

Author

DesertRock
DesertRock

Ontario, Canada



About
I love to read, write, draw, and play on my computer. I am an animal lover, and I want to be a veterinarian or a forensic scientist when I grow up. I love school, and I'm not ashamed to say I'm a Chri.. more..