Blood of the Righteous

Blood of the Righteous

A Story by D. M. Anderson
"

The universe is at war and only the righteous will prevail.

"
A single bead of sweat tickled aggravatingly slow down her ribs under the familiar weight of the ancient power armor. The climate control had been damaged during the last wave of attack, along with her plasma rifle. She was down to her sidearm and the twin lazerswords that had been in her bloodline for generations.

She gritted her teeth as the assault siren howled a proximity warning, disrupting her reverie. 200 yards out, she could see the next wave of filth surging toward the outpost.

They had a long, scientific name that she couldn't remember, let alone pronounce. She simply called them the Plague. Savage creatures without remorse or mercy, they spread like a virus throughout the galaxy, raping each new planet they colonized of it's natural resources and enslaving all sentient life forms that they didn't murder for their sick sense of brutal enjoyment.

They were a blight of eternal war and death, feared and hated throughout the galaxy. Her battalion was tasked with holding off their assault until the scientists inside the bunker could activate their little miracle machine. The one that would supposedly neutralize the Plague for good, whatever that meant.

At this point, she didn't care. The planet was already fucked up beyond recognition, and the vast majority of civilization was lost. All she wanted now was to kill as many of them as possible before they took her down.

Their primitive aircraft flew overhead, raining death upon the right flank. She could hear the screams of her comrades burning alive in the chemical fires of the alien bombs.

One hundred yards out, she could make out their sickening forms charging through the smoke and ash of her dieing world. Blind fury steeled her resolve, and she called out the order to open fire.

The salvo of plasma and lazer fire ripped apart their front line. She could smell the stench of their discolored blood as it vaporized into mist. The wave didn't falter, as she had anticipated. Their numbers were unending and it seemed that for every one that fell, three more eagerly took its place.

She activated her lazersword and readied herself for the chaos of close combat. Death would be her lover on this day.

Ten yards out, she could hear their guttural war-chant ringing clearly above the cacophony of battle, and her neuro-translators calculated an approximation:

"For God and Earth! Kill them all!"

She said a silent prayer to the machine gods and lept into the fray with unbridled bloodlust, cutting down the disgusting humans as they poured into the trenches of the Martian resistance.

"Not on my overwatch, you filth!" She howled, and activated the suicide contingency within her armors fusion core. When her hearts stopped beating, she would have one final revenge.

© 2015 D. M. Anderson


Author's Note

D. M. Anderson
Just something I banged out in an hour for a writing prompt group.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on June 14, 2015
Last Updated on June 14, 2015
Tags: Sci-fi, war, aliens

Author

D. M. Anderson
D. M. Anderson

ventura, CA



About
Husband. Father. Pagan. Asatru. Artist. Huge horror and RPG geek. Bookworm. Won a few fights. Saved a few lives. Found my soul-mate. Almost died a few times. Learned how to cook. Worked on a few films.. more..

Writing