Strangers!

Strangers!

A Story by Views_She_Writes
"

Imagine you’re looking through a collection of short stories. One of the titles catches your interest. That’s the story you want to read first. What might the title be? Invent a title

"

Rebecca kept looking at the lady sitting across two aisles from her. Images of Alina kept flashing in her mind from her past, her childhood. Alina was her best friend in the entire world. There was nothing that those two did not share with each other. The most intimate, most embarrassing part of their lives were known to each other. Everyone who knew them looked at them like sisters. They were joined at the hip.

The two of them had dreamed a life together. They had decided they would marry two guys who were just as best friends as they were, so they could keep their friendship strong even after marriage. They took the same course for graduation in the same college so they could be room mates. There was nothing that could separate them until that fateful day.

That day, their graduation results were declared. Rebecca had passed with distinction while Alina had failed. Although they had seen a lot of success and failures together, this one took Alina away. They actually got separated overnight. One day Alina was talking to Rebecca and telling her how upset she was, and from the very next day, Alina stopped attending any of her calls. Rebecca tried everything �" called their common friends, spoke to her family �" but Alina refused to speak with Rebecca. It has been forever since the incident, but Rebecca still misses her best friend. Of course she has moved on and has new best friends now, but somethings can not be replaced.

Rebecca was pulled out of her reverie when Jack came and kissed her. Her husband’s warm touch was enough to fill the emptiness in her heart. She looked lovingly at her husband for 2 years as he took the baggage and started towards the Gate. Her flight was being announced. Just as she was about to follow her husband, she happened to glance back at the lady again. Alina was looking right at her. Rebecca stopped for a moment, hoping she would come to greet her or at least spare a smile for her long lost best friend. But none of that happened. Alina glanced away just as quickly but for a fraction of second, Rebecca saw guilt and regret in her eyes. It felt like closure to her. Rebecca locked her eyes with those of her husband’s, which was full of love for her, and moved on in her life. Maybe it was nobody’s fault. But the-once-best-friends are now Strangers for Life!

© 2019 Views_She_Writes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on March 3, 2019
Last Updated on March 3, 2019
Tags: Story, short story, chance meeting, story prompt

Author

Views_She_Writes
Views_She_Writes

Toronto, ON, Canada



About
Reader | Writer | Blogger | Short Story Creator | Book Reviewer | Traveller | Food Blogger | Number Cruncher | Dreamer more..

Writing