They Always Talk

They Always Talk

A Poem by Andrew

They always talk who never think**

Speak their minds 'til the stares go blank

Every bit of knowledge exhausted 

Hastily they turn to obnoxious.


A silent soul is a mind grown full

Misconstrued as a heart grown cold

Yearning for a way to release 

A way to experience unknown peace.


Instead of an audible presentation 

Interrupting the flow of the situation

We sit back and look on in fascination

Making the most of the world we're placed in.




**Quote by Matthew Prior

© 2010 Andrew


Author's Note

Andrew
I've been trying something new. I'll take a memorable or famous quote that really speaks to me and I'll use is as the first line in my writings. "Dear Einstein" was the same way. Let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, I'm confused. Is this supposed to rhyme or not? Your system is all over the place, and it's really throwing when I try and get into the sense of the poem.

One thing I'm impressed with, though, is the way you only focused on the quote for the first stanza, developing into an original interpretation and work for the remainder of the poem. Much better than just running with the quote.

You rhythm needs as much work as your rhyme, but it's not exactly atrocious. The content is good, the language is strong, and yes, you represent an under-represented viewpoint. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ooh, you took my suggestion for the quote! I personally like it better, but what do you think yourself (excuse my reflexive)?
Your different rhyming schemes initially made me think "Wut?" for a moment, but in the end I enjoyed it. Short, but with a good moral. And thanks for sticking up for the silent people - we're not emotionally and intellectually dead, but rather too full to a create voice for others to hear. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

494 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010
Tags: think, talk, search, world, self