Drike and Skyla

Drike and Skyla

A Story by dgrumbo

He was there, standing in the doorframe, scars and new cuts covered his body, he glared at me. I could not believe my eyes. I thought he was dead, but here he was.


Slowly Drike moved into the room. You could tell he went through something over the past 6 months twhich everyone thought he was dead. He was angry, confused, and hurt.


“Where the hell did you come from, Drike? ” Andrew asked, “We thought you had died.”


Drike slowly turned toward Andrew, and just glared at him with those dark blue eyes, that could melt or burn you.


I got up slowly from the couch, “Drike? I want to know what happen?”

He looked at me and I could tell he was not happy to see me, which I could not understand.


Then in an icy tone that I have never heard from him , “Never mind to you what the hell happen to me. You know exactly what happen, you damn b***h!”


Everyone gasped, as I took a step back. I could not believe he would say such a thing to me.


With one final glared at me he walked to the back of the house. Everyone just stood there. Mary came over to me and wrapped her arms around me as I cried. Andrew did not know what to do so he just went into the kitchen to eat.


Mary brushed my hair back from my face and said, “I know he did not mean that, honey.”


I just looked at my older sister, and just shook my head, trying to keep the tears away. My mind was wondering on everything that has happen to now. So many questions and no answers once again. Just like 6 months ago.


I got up suddenly, and with the storm in the background, I walked to the back of house.


“what the hell are you doing, Skyla?” Mary screamed at my back.


I ignored her, I was going to get answers, damn him. He can not come back from the dead and me pissed at me! What the hell, I didn't do it. I did everything I could to find his handsome a*s.


Drike didn't turn as he heard Skyla walking down the hall. Deep down he knew, it wasn't her fault. But damn he went through hell and back to come home to here her. He didn't want to believe what they told him, during his torture.


With a deep breath and shoulders back, Skyla stepped into the bedroom that was once both theirs. The lighting crackled right outside the window, highlighting his big frame. He turned,“We need to talk, Skyla.” Then he collasped onto the floor.


I ran to him as I yelled for Mary and Andrew to call 911. I cradled his head in my lap.



© 2016 dgrumbo


Author's Note

dgrumbo
Its been a while since I wrote something, please tell me how i did

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
Added on August 17, 2016
Last Updated on August 17, 2016

Author

dgrumbo
dgrumbo

Evansville, IN



About
I am a full time working mom and wife. I have 3 amazing kids under the age of 5. I used to write all the time but since having kids I lost time and also had a writers block. But I really want to pi.. more..

Writing