Boosting to Heaven

Boosting to Heaven

A Poem by Emily
"

I love astronomy space,and the sky,and driving home one day I just thought of it.

"
Mountains point the way to my destination
The clouds part for my ascension
3,2,1,thrust!
Boosting to Heaven

The shooting stars play with my heartstrings
Nebulae envelope my soul
Galaxies so close tantalize me

A taste of my home
A morsel of me
Free falling
Back to ground
Earth,release me

© 2011 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing and beautiful description in the poem. I agree with your logic. The sky is amazing. Good vision create by the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
pretty unorthodox topic for poetry...yet you handled it beautifully! Good poem here :)

Nebulae envelope my soul
Galaxies so close tantalize me

Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You paint quite a serene picture of a world filled with levity and solace, I could envision the monolithic mountain peaks, and the celestial stars guiding your path to the only true place of solitude . . . Home. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sensual spirit~

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
very nice!! the falling star - boosted to heaven - to fly amongst the rest before crashing back down - I like the idea of release upon the crash almost - the ups and downs - a well played supernal trip! I liked!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I felt this poem, excellent write. I love the stars and pine each summer when here in Alaska we loose the stars as we loose the night. Each fall as the stars begin to show once more I call friends in the lower 49 with jubilation, shouting the stars are coming back. They think I’m nuts but I do not care as I lie in the snow and stare in wonder wishing I could be up there. At times I wonder if my children wherever they are looking at the same star as I at the same time. In fact I wrote a poem I might post some day called Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star about that thought.
I loved your word picture painted so vividly about the mountains pointing the way to you desired destination, the stars. All three lines of the middle verse made me smile; I think they are the soul of the poem. And the first two lines of the last section I could relate to. Thank you for the poem, may I keep a copy for my personal reflection?

Blessings, Laughing-Bear



Posted 13 Years Ago


pleasant....soft but compelling.

Posted 13 Years Ago


These are such tender words used to describe a very highly elevated goal. I certainly hope you reach your goal someday so you can dance among the stars

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. This is wonderful!
You're so creative !
I mean..no one can ever think of writing something like that!
"Nebulae envelope my soul
Galaxies so close tantalize me"
I loved those two lines the most!
and I loved the way you asked the earth to release you..
Great work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderful! It's hard to say much else. I want more! The imagery here is mesmerizing. I love to see new writing styles!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 22, 2011
Last Updated on March 22, 2011

Author

Emily
Emily

CA



About
Hey, I'm Emily. I go to Los Angeles Valley College, and I write poetry and some short stories. In my free time, I draw, play video games, and play with my dogs Zeke and Roscoe. Zeke is a Great Dane/Bo.. more..

Writing
The Clash The Clash

A Story by Emily


Faye Faye

A Story by Emily



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..