Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl
"

Lucy arrives at her family home after 5 years and a surprise visitor comes to visit.

"
I stood unable to move, too shocked to even speak. Caitlin cleared her throat ending the awkward silence. "Lucy you remember Caleb, he and I are engaged and Haven here is the best man," Caitlin  said shifting uncomfortably.
I turn to Caleb glad to habe an excuse to stop gawking at Haven. "Oh hi Caleb," I said quietly.
He smiled and stepped forward giving me a hug. I smile hugging him back sneaking another look at Haven. Was that jealousy on his face? No it couldn't be...
I pull back. "Well as good as it is to see you all again I better go home and settle in," I said.
"Alright, hey I'll come by tomorrow morning, we got a lot of catching up to do," Caitlin said.
I nod about to step past them till Haven grabbed my arm pulling me towards him, his arms circling aroundmy waist pressing me tightly against him. 
My God, he smelt amazing, and felt just as good. "I missed you," he whispered in my ear sending shiers up and down my spine. 
I almost fell for it, the key word almost. I pressed my han against his chest, breath hitching when I felt his muscles through the shirt.
I shove him away. "Sure you did," I said hurrying to the door. I barely read my car when I felt the hot tears rushing down my face.
I fumble for the car keys in my pocket when I felt a handon my shoulder. I hastily wipe my tears before turning around, prepared to yell at him till I saw it was only Caitlin.
"Are you okay?" She asked concerned.
"I'm fine," I lied.
She gave me her, don't give me bullshit face.
"Maybe you should talk to him, maybe the two of you can work things out," she said quietly.
"Oh yeah, like that will go well," I sarcastically.
A look of hurt appeared on her face. "Alright I'll think about it, but right now I just want to relax in bed and sleep," I sighed.
She hesitates then nods, forcing a smile on her face. "Hey its really good to see you again," she said.
"Its good to see you too, I missed you," I said quietly.
She smiles and I turn unlocking my door then climbed inside. I wave goodbye before I pull out of the car park and slowly drove home. I was not looking forward to going to my old family home, that was going to be empty and no longer will have my father's cheery laughter ringing through the walls.
I park in the driveway and reluctantly climbed out. I find the keys under my father's favourite pot plant, rn unlocked the door. 
I step inside and notice the house hasn't changed much. The walls had been repainted to a dull grey colour and everything was a lot cleaner.
I go upstairs heading straight to my old bedroom not daring to peek in dad's room. I open the door and gasp. Everything was the same as if no one had been in it for the past five years. The walls were still my favourite colour light blue, my bed was still made with my favourite stuffed toys rested near my pillow.I sigh going back to the car to grabbing my suitcase out of the boot, not noticing the familiar white Mercedes coming down the street. I go inside thinking i don't even need to unpack, I'm only staying for two weeks. Go to dad's funeral and do some catching up with family and friends discluding Haven. 
I set my suitcase on the bed, then heard a knock at the door.
I go downstairs opening the door, regretting not looking through the adjacent window to see who it was first. On the other side of the door was Haven a bouquet of flowers in his hand.


© 2015 KittyKatgirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awwwwwwwww. I really wanna hear his story. :3

A few mistypes, like a missing space or odd letter, nothing really that a quick over read after a week or two wouldn't catch.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much and I will edit it soon. I really appreciate all your reviews :)
Loved it.. :)
Can't wait to read more

Posted 8 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 26, 2015
Last Updated on December 26, 2015


Author

KittyKatgirl
KittyKatgirl

QLD, Australia



About
Hello fellow writers, My name is Crystal Madden and I am an Aussie. Another writer on this website Maddy Meyers is my best friend in real life it was me who introduced her to this website and I am pro.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by KittyKatgirl


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl