You

You

A Poem by KittyKatgirl
"

A girl who witnesses someone going through depression and did nothing about it till it was too late.

"
They say you are ugly,
They say you are horrendous,
But you are lovely,
And in my eyes you are gorgeous.

I see you walk through the hallway all alone,
You start to wish you stayed at home,
But even there you are not safe,
From the taunts from your father whenever he was in a furious chafe.

I see you sitting under a tree,
Your face is hiding behind your hands,
As you cry with unanswered pleas,
I am the only one who can see the scars under your arm bands.

You say you just want to take the pain away,
You think self harm is the only way,
But really its not okay,
I swear tomorrow will be a brand new day.

You hide in your bedroom,
Behind a locked door,
You feel abandoned,
As you grab the knife from your draw.

I am at your funeral,  not many people came,
Most of them didn't even know your name,
I am the one to blame,
I could've helped but now it's too late and I bow my head in shame.

© 2015 KittyKatgirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You just wrote amazing, while reading I wish the poem should not end. Every inch I was shifting my eyes it was like a picture of some unknown sorrow sprinted in front of me.
A perfect beginning , awesome middle, and a painful ending.
It was just like a image of myself in the written form, and that is what defines writer and his power of pen and thoughts.
Wonderful write!


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Extremely touching. Wonderful way of expressing the emotions and guilt.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Really a sad tale. I had a friend somewhat the same. By the way, readers have the soul right to interpret the poem in our way. So , I think the 'I' is her mother.

Join this group as well - http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/LOVE-OUR-DAUGHTERS/12323/

Wishes,
Sandra.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Needs a couple of fixer uppers but really it's good.
Good job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


All together this is a well laid out piece. The subject matter is tragic and too often the case in real life. Although the matter was sad, the pace and tone were quite beautiful. Great Job

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very touching and sad... it's strange that we never realize how big of an influence we could have on somebody until they're gone. It is way too often that things like this happen. This piece is fantastic because it brings a real message to the table.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sad story, and all too true for many people. I wonder how the story would go if just one person had reached out to the girl.

Nice write, some trip ups when reading it, from awkward wording, but for the sake of the rhyme scheme it all works out.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wow, love it, good flow and a meaningful message. Thank you

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
Interesting, definitely interesting. I've always wondered why one would blame him/herself for not being able to prevent the suicide of someone they cared for. Yet, the need for blame is nonexistent, for it was the fault of the person who used the knife with the person of sending themselves off to death's dark hollows. It is interesting how one deal's with such darkness in their souls, yet there is something missing. Could the person who cared for the depressed one have been able to bring them into the light, or did the one who suffered in darkness wish to remain there. That's how depression appears to me for many cases. It is a disease of the mind that has the ability and regularly enacts upon its victim a desire to remain depressed. The reasoning for this desire is, as much as many would like to deny or ignore, a desire for attention. They perceive themselves as unloved and it is this thought that deeply ingrains itself into their psyche. It is up to the ones who care about the victim to uplift them and show that are wanted, that they are loved. Yet, as I spoke of earlier, the victim will sometimes push away those redeeming hands and words and retreat further into the blackness enveloping their minds in a subconsciously sick desire to gain more consolers only to push them away as well until they reach the point of hopelessness where wish to greet death immediately, seeing him as their only comfort.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aventicus

8 Years Ago

By the way, this is just a case example, not a generalization.
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you Aventicus
Davidgeo

8 Years Ago

You are welcome Aventicus.
Wow... Amazing poem and a strong message....
This happens a lot and it's sad. This definitely shows people that they need to step up and be there for someone who needs it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)
awww! This hit me right in the feels! I used to feel like that girl and sometimes I still do. This was so good. Very well written and thought through. I felt like I was there. :) Great job! XX

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much :) And im sorry you feel like that girl. If you ever want toalk im always here wit.. read more
Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

It's never ever been to the extent where I'd kill myself, and my father is not abusive or anything b.. read more
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Well thank you for the lovely review and i still hold my offer.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2037 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 30, 2015
Last Updated on December 30, 2015

Author

KittyKatgirl
KittyKatgirl

QLD, Australia



About
Hello fellow writers, My name is Crystal Madden and I am an Aussie. Another writer on this website Maddy Meyers is my best friend in real life it was me who introduced her to this website and I am pro.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..