Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl

I groan as the beam of light seeped through the window hitting me square in the face. Squinting I struggle to sit up, the motion making my stomach churn and my head pound as if someone decided to use it as a pair of drums.

 

I struggle to my feet, tasting bile at the back of my throat. Tightening my hand over my mouth I ran to the bathroom, just barely making it before I keel over the toilet and the contents of my stomach came up.

 

I reach for a towel when I finish, wiping my mouth then stumbled over to the sink brushing my teeth, the taste of the toothpaste almost making me throw up again.

 

The events of last night started replaying in my head, Toby slipping his hand under my shirt, the door being yanked open, Haven grabbing him by the shirt and pulled him out of the car, them getting into a fight and Toby running away, Haven carrying me upstairs, me leaning up to... Oh God I tried to kiss him.

 

I shiver at the thought. He must hate me... After all he left, and he wasn't the type of guy who would leave a drunk girl alone in a house.

 

I go over to the couch, trying to figure out how I was going to avoid Haven over the week I will be staying here.

Then I hear a knock at the door. With an irritated groan, I staggered to my feet and opened the door, startled when Caitlyn stumbled through the door. I quickly grabbed her before she fell, and hit her head on something.

She giggled, straightening up. “Where’s your alcohol cabinet?”

I rolled my eyes, it looks like someone is still drunk.

“Caitlyn you are not having any more alcohol,” I heard Caleb’s stern voice coming from the driveway.

I turn still holding a good grip on Caitlyn’s arm afraid she would hurt herself.

Caleb shook his head as he reached the porch. “I tried to stop her, but she is as stubborn as when she was in high school. So being the nice fiancée I am I drove her here,” he said frowning at his wife to be.

She just laughed and I help her to the couch, gently sitting her down then went to get them both a glass of water. I hand it to them.

Caitlyn hesitates taking a sip, then took another and eventually downed the whole class and demanded more.

I took it and filled it again and a few glasses later she seemed to be sober enough to talk.

“Are you going to the charity ball at the hall tomorrow night?” Caitlyn asked her words slightly slurred.

“What charity ball?” I asked, confused.

“Don’t tell me you have forgot the annual charity ball. I don’t care if you have been gone for 5 years. We have always dreamed since we were little girls to go to the charity ball together with our man.”

My mind flashed back to when we were five years old and our parents were getting ready for the charity ball. Kids weren’t allowed you had to be at least 18 to be allowed to go. Ever since then we have always wanted to go.

“I don’t know Caitlyn. I mean I don’t have a dress or anything, nor a date,” I said a certain person whose name starting with H instantly coming into mind.

“You should go with Haven, he hasn’t got a date,” Caitlyn insisted giving me that look that was very rare, the look that states don’t argue with me.

I rolled my eyes. “Like as if will want to go with me.”

“It would be my pleasure,” I heard a deep familiar voice that haunted my dreams over the past 5 years speak from behind me.

I spun around, trying not to gasp at the amazing sight in front of me. Somehow he looked even more handsome then he did yesterday.

He wore a button down shirt and jeans that hung a little low. He had a cocky smirk on his grin, one that used to make shivers down my spine in a good way, my knees tremble and my breath taken away. Its effect on me hasn’t changed.

I frown shaking my head and placed my hands on my hips. “What makes you think I will go with you?”

He chuckled. “By the colour of your cheeks I’m guessing that you will,” he said with an obnoxious grin.

I feel my cheeks burn up even more and it took all my will power to look away focusing on the door behind him.

I was about to open my mouth to argue that going to the charity ball with him was the last thing on my mind when Caitlyn stepped in. “So that’s settled. We can go on a double date, me and Caleb, you and Haven,” Caitlyn said and with that she grabbed Caleb’s hand and practically dragged him through the door, closing it behind them, leaving me and Haven alone.

Even though the room was reasonably big, it suddenly felt like we were in a closet.

“I’m not going with you,” I said stubbornly trying to sound like I meant it but judging by the way his eyes lit up with amusement it didn’t work.

“I know you want to go with me, you want to know how?”

“How?”

“Because you tried to kiss me last night…”

My breath caught and I gaped at him, my heart racing. “But I… I was drunk… I… I wasn’t thinking straight.”

“People do things when they’re drunk that they always wanted to do,” Haven said his arrogant smile still on his face.  

How can I goddamn think straight, when he keeps smiling at me like that?

“In your dreams Haven, I am not a naïve teenager anymore.”

“You’re certainly not,” he said his eyes dropping to my chest then lower to my hips.

“You’re disgusting,” I said shaking my head, but a part of me enjoyed it.

“You’re right by the way. In my dreams, you starred in it every night ever since you left,” he said giving me a look that sent R rated images shooting through my head of what could’ve happened in his dreams.

“Get out of here Haven,” I said frowning at him.

But he stood his ground, looking at me.

“Why won’t you go to the ball with me?”

Because I might fall in love with you all over again… “Because…”

“Because what?”

“Just because…”

He chuckled. “That’s not much of an answer Luc,” he said smirking.

“If I say I will go to the ball with you, will you leave me alone?”

“I think my eyes can resist seeing your beauty till tomorrow night…” he flirted making me blush.

I rolled my eyes trying to fight the smile starting to show on my face.

“Fine I will go with you, but I hope I step on your feet if we ever dance.”

He just laughed, gave me a salute and left.

 

 

 



© 2016 KittyKatgirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awwwwwwww. They're adorable together. :) Hopefully they can make up...

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much. :) I really appreciate all your reviews. It means a lot.
Silent Wolf

8 Years Ago

You're very welcome. :) I appreciate all of your reviews as well. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 16, 2016
Last Updated on February 16, 2016


Author

KittyKatgirl
KittyKatgirl

QLD, Australia



About
Hello fellow writers, My name is Crystal Madden and I am an Aussie. Another writer on this website Maddy Meyers is my best friend in real life it was me who introduced her to this website and I am pro.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by KittyKatgirl


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl