Her High School Sweetheart.

Her High School Sweetheart.

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl

I sigh spending the rest of the day reading my book and working things out for the funeral. The funeral was less than a week away and there was still so much to do.

My stomach growled loudly, distracting me and I quickly realised I hadn’t eaten anything all day and it was already 8 at night. Debating whether I should look for something in the fridge to heat up or just order take away, I decided on the latter and grabbed the phone. I quickly ordered a cheese pizza then sit on the couch deciding I needed a break. I hear the sound of raindrops hitting the roof and gradually it became more aggressive.

I flick through the channels finally settling on a romance movie. Halfway through it I heard the doorbell ring, grabbing my wallet I go to answer it. Thinking it was the pizza delivery guy, I didn’t bother looking out the window to see who it was.

I almost dropped my wallet when I saw Haven standing on my porch a bouquet of flowers in his hand and was soaking wet.

“What are you doing here?” I demanded trying to avoid looking at his shirt that was stuck to his skin showing his well-developed muscles.

He looked at me then smirked, shaking his head, shooting sprays of water all over me.

I gasped at the sudden coldness and glared at him.

“I thought I might bring you flowers,” he said trying to get inside but I blocked his entrance.

“In the bloody rain.”

“Who knows, I’m a weird guy. I remember you told me once that you always wanted to kiss me in the rain.”

I mentally curse myself when I feel the heat rise to my cheeks. “That was when I was stupid and naïve,” I said folding my arms.

His eyebrows arched as he smiled at me making my heart race and my toes curl.

“Are you going to let me in?” he asked a hint of seductiveness in his voice.

I glare at him. “Why should I?”

“Because I am dripping wet and you are too kind to send me back out in the rain.”

Damn why did he know me so well?

With a defeated sigh, I stepped aside letting him in, closing the door.

He held out the flowers to me and I accept it thanking him with no hint of gratitude in my tone.

I find a vase to put them in and fill it with water then set it in the middle of the table.

I hear the doorbell ring again and remember the pizza.

Before I could stop him, Haven goes to answer it smiling and pulled out his wallet.

“No I’m paying,” I called sounding like a complete idiot.

I hurry over pulling out some cash out of my wallet but Haven already has his money in his hand.

“I wouldn’t hear of it,” he said shaking his head.

For some reason I didn’t want him to pay for the pizza, I hold the money out to the pizza delivery guy my eyes pleading with him to take my money. He rolled his eyes and gave me mercy, accepting my money and handed the pizza to Haven then left.

Haven opens the lid slightly and smiles. “Mmm cheese our favourite,” he said with a smirk heading into the living room and set the box on the counter.

I follow him, shooting daggers at his back as I do.

Haven looks at the TV and chuckles. I had paused the movie at the wrong time. On the screen was the two main characters in a heated kiss.

He turns around to face me an arrogant grin on his face. “I forgot you were into romance movies,” he said.

I just ignored him reaching over to grab a slice of pizza and sit on the couch, hoping that this movie didn’t go any further then making out.

To my absolute shock, I saw at the corner of my eye Haven reaching for the hem of his shirt and pulled it over his head.

“What are you doing?” I asked, hating that I was unable to get my eyes off his chest.

“It’s too cold to wear a soaking shirt,” he said then notice my red cheeks. “What are you embarrassed about? It’s not like you haven’t seen it before.”

And with that he sits dangerously close beside me, reaching for a slice.

I roll my eyes, so typical of him. Doesn’t even ask for food he just takes it.

He pulls off a bit of cheese that was hanging off of the slice and pops it in his mouth, then finished the slice before I was even halfway through mine. He reaches for the remote and I tried to protest but he ignored me and pressed play starting the movie from where I had stopped it.

I try to ignore the quick glances he shot at me especially when there was a total R rated scene.

I resist the urge to look back at him, afraid of what might happen if he did.

Suddenly I felt his arm snake around my shoulders, I instantly turned to shove it away. That was a mistake because my eyes met his and as they do he pulled me tightly against him and tipped his head his lips dangerously close to mine.

“Come on Luc you can’t ignore the fireworks between us. You know it’s still there,” he said softly, cupping my chin when I tried to look away forcing my head to stay in place.

“I…I” I stuttered unable to speak.

He smirked. “That’s what I thought,” he said then within seconds his lips were upon mine.

No! No! No! My brain was shouting at me but my heart was saying yes! Yes! Yes!

Suddenly my heart drowned out my brain and I wind my arm around his neck pulling him closer to me, returning his kiss with as much passion as I could, my heart racing when I heard him growl and his teeth captured my bottom lip.

He pressed against me, forcing me to lie backwards on the couch. I entwine my fingers through his hair, playing with the little bit of  hair at the nape of his neck.

I felt his hand slowly sliding under my shirt and then that’s when I came to my senses.

I wrenched my mouth away from his so hard, it hurt especially since his teeth had been still nibbling on my bottom lip.

I tasted a little blood and frowned then shoved Haven off the top of me making him fall off the couch and hit the floor.

He stared at me stunned, I think more shocked by what we just shared then my reaction.

“Don’t ever do that again,” I snapped.

“Well I wasn’t the only one participating in that,” he said unbelievably managing to smile.

“Get out!” I said angrily, though I was more angry at myself then him.

He climbed to his feet then stared at me for a minute then grabbed his shirt and without a word he left.

 



© 2016 KittyKatgirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

will you read my story? ___

Posted 7 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

7 Years Ago

Of course I will. ^-^
whens the next chapter?
_

Posted 7 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

7 Years Ago

I haven't worked on this in a while but I might soon and alert you whenthe next chapter is up.
DRAGO

7 Years Ago

okay, because this is great!
Ohhhhh, things are getting heated. Not even the rain could stuff this flame out... XD

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great tension building!!! Well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 1, 2016
Last Updated on March 1, 2016


Author

KittyKatgirl
KittyKatgirl

QLD, Australia



About
Hello fellow writers, My name is Crystal Madden and I am an Aussie. Another writer on this website Maddy Meyers is my best friend in real life it was me who introduced her to this website and I am pro.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by KittyKatgirl


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl