His Skin

His Skin

A Story by Diana Christina
"

"A lion biding its time in the face of man, a tide."

"
Sir, like a wilting flower, sits by a static windowsill, watching passerby without notice"though, with large, fond hands; fond of touch, and of a violent elegance.  Boy, bring me a drink, but in his eyes, there is a sea without shore, a knowing of salvation lost.

Speckled hands, an inversion of his, with valleys where mountains loom, rivers where roads start and then end.  

Boy, akin to fawn:  strong and sharp, but blunt in his tastes and therefore in possession of feckless hands.  Glass is dropped, and"

Pleasure is violent as boy's delicate features flare charismatically, a lion biding its time in the face of man, a tide.

Inevitable.

As it crashes, salt washes away all trace of blood"stasis.

"Father, you are no sir."  

And he is no boy; no longer.

Bottle fixed in a set of stoic hands"in the line of a pair of fatalistic eyes"the ocean does not tear, for the man, with a steady beating heart, does not waver this time.

"Sir."

"Son."

© 2012 Diana Christina


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on July 13, 2012
Tags: boy, father, abuse, family, brutality, human nature, tide, lion, man, battle, stasis, poetry, flash fiction

Author

Diana Christina
Diana Christina

Los Angeles, CA



About
18 years UCLA pianist (heavily practiced) artist by tradition film addict (sprinkled with zeal) more..

Writing