Only So Much

Only So Much

A Poem by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

Time can only erase so much pain.

Tears can wash away only so much deceit.

Words can chase away only so much hate.

A band aid can only cover so many wounds.

This heart can only bear so much breakage.

This body can only handle so much abuse.

These hands can only hold so many burdens.

My eyes can only witness so much horror.

My lips can only keep so many lies.

My love can only give so much of me.

Before somewhere something snaps inside.

And the you part of me slowly dies.

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this romantic piece is not bloodless. it is about real feelings and written like that.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow....deep and meaningful...i have once felt this....I was once there to experience the pain of your words that ring true....I feel for you...For that part of my has died...keep up the good work

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow! The "can only" thread in your piece is a great, effective device for stitching this together, Diana. An impressive write and I have to say one of the best I've seen from you here.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh...this for sure was the saddest most beatiful poem I have read for a long time. A traumatic past stays with a person for a long time.

Posted 16 Years Ago


The ending said it all...very nicely written...so sad, but then we find another sun to follow :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


i love this piece and i feel this way at the moment. it was cathartic to read. awesome piece i absolutely love it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is deep and emotional and bone cutting. Great write.


Brette

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yes, we cannot continue to give without recieving....we are not capable of unlimited forward motion without rest and regeneration. There is only so much a person can take. I have felt like this - and I am sure I will again. Your words were resonant

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

For a starter, if that really happened to you; I'm sorry to hear, but look at the bright side, it's over, right?

Secondly, this is a real good write, except for the last line; "And the you part of me slowly dies", I do understand what you mean by that, but it would've been so much better if you use a line like this; "And the part of you within me has slowly dies" or something else like that.

Other than the rest, it's all still good, so no worries...


Posted 16 Years Ago


i too, can relate to such a sorrowful poem. You can only take so much before the hurt breaks you. great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

930 Views
46 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..