Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins

A Poem by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

Look in to these souless eyes.


Can you tell if it’s truth or lies


I draw you in with promises of  lust


Just one kiss and you will trust


My darkness will penetrate your soul


Each step that you make will be under my control


It won’t be to long before you find


That you are slowly losing your mind


The pain that consumes you is becoming clear


But it isn’t the agony that you fear


It’s the realization that you’ve lost


And it’s more than your being that it cost


I own you more than you know


As your body is dying slow


Your heart will be the last to go


It will wither before it dies


And my laughter drowns out your cries


Because you made your final mistake


You let the evil in to claim it’s stakes


Now you will lose before you win


For you have commented the seven deadly sins

 


 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your rhyming couplets really flows in the way, which you describes a poor soul's decent into Hell. Appealling to the basic nature of a person's lust. Creating a dark and "abandon all hope, for those, who enter here" atmosphere to the poem. Thank you for sharing this poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nice flow of words and I like the description and the journey you took me with your words. I like the strong ending to this amazing poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Diana, you are the Queen of Darkness when it comes to writing in this genre. And yes, that's a great compliment. :) No matter how macabre it may seem to readers, there's no doubting each word and line are well thought out. Nice job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


loved it

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a dark piece. The flow is flawless and you've expressed this concept really well. Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Well written and an interesting concept of hell and the devil's enjoyment of the lost soul's suffering. An enjoyable piece.

Jerry

Posted 16 Years Ago


I'll admit that I already committed all seven sins. In fact, I've broken just only 9 commandments as well. Right at this moment, I believe that the Fate, The Karma, whatever is left out there, they all are already biting me up in my a*s, so I'm already in the hell. How's that? Quite simple, my hell is that my emotions are all screwed up and it sure does hurt far worse than hell can catch any souls. So, it's all about the fate, the karma, and so on, it's all in depends on what you've done and how you'll be judged. That's just me, you know?

Anyway, this is a real interesting write and I really did enjoyed it, but not as much as I'm not happy with my "punishments" But, hey, we all have our own personal curiousities and the curiousity really did killed the damn cat...


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The images in this poem are downright haunting! Absolutely wonderful poetry. Lydia

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this... well I always like your dark writings but this one was REALLY good.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love the rhyming in the poem and the description of what happens if you comment on the seven deadly sins is awesome. very well done! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well done - haunting and visual poetry. Its kind of like this in my head most days but I am unable to articulate it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

983 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain