Puppet Strings

Puppet Strings

A Poem by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

I am a puppet I move by these strings
You can make me dance and make me sing
All you have to do is pull my strings
I will do just about anything


I am a puppet there is no doubt
You can dress me up and take me out
Show me off to your closest friends
Then put me back when the evening ends


I am a puppet without a heart.
A show doll that has no smarts
I do not argue or talk back
You will never find me giving you flack


I am a puppet without feelings
That you have hung with out care from your ceiling
The months has pass since you  locked me away.
The hours click by slowly everyday
I can not hurt so you say,
Then why is it that I feel this way


A puppet without a heart
Shouldn’t feel like she’s falling a part


I have no feelings, so it may seem
Then why is it that I can still dream


I am a puppet on these strings
Not a person, just a thing.

 

 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh yes, I've been here too, I've written similar things -- but your words are better, and I think the rhyme helps to spotlight the manipulations of the puppetmaster, but from your point of view. Some very good lines throughout, but the best, imo, are the one that speaks of having no feelings but still able to dream -- such poignancy there -- and those about being a show doll. Like a trophy.

Well done, Diana! Lots of layers to this one.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Like the piece cause of the relation bond i have with it, and anyone can pull from it. It is strong in making a point about a idea.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Aww but are we all not a puppet in some sense. We all live lives in which there is always something that pulls our strings. Work, family, partners, children, out side force we have no control over. We all can feel this and have at some time or other. You words speak wisdom so deep that it hurts to think about that we are slaves in a sense. I appreciate you giving me something to think about tonight.


Well Done!~~~!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like this piece i like that it rhymed..i love the flow of it..i think that you painted a great picture here..and i must say that the ending picture is perfect and fits well with the poem..i feel sorry for this person that you speak of because i can sense the pain that she is in through the way you convey her struggle to be what someone wants her to be and feel the way they want her to feel..i enjoyed the read..
Well From One Word-Play Poet To The Next...Always Remember To Write WIth Your Heart!

s~Shanty~s

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The pain is sensed through every word...A pain that is endured by one so close. You speak words of pain and torture...i pity the feelings and hope everything gets better...keep up the good writing...and keep your head held high

-Chaos

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Am I real ? If I'm not then why do I feel these feelings ? Great piece. I wish I had a crystal ball to see how much of a writing is about the writer. lol

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very nice write, seems to be speaking of being an object instead of a human emotion.. Excellent.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow - such a heartfelt poignant piece. Thank you to Dezaraye for sending it my way. The pain in this is palpable. You eloquently conveyed that feeling of not even being real....when someone else is always controlling your life.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this is really great poem and the picture fits perfectly. Wonderful write!!!

Heather

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very insightful and poetic piece. people can interpret this poem in so many ways, how men see women, how some people may view themselves, etc. well done! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great piece. I love the picture that you have to go with it, too.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

641 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on February 5, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..