Anytime

Anytime

A Poem by The Analog Kid
"

My first free-form poem from a few years back. Three years since this asteroid grazed my surface:)

"

My heart screams for the lover I never had.

I know this delicate flower. 

She is my oldest friend.

This can never happen, at least for me.

Many nights, imploring me to come over and slide my arms around her,

She knows when I am thirsty for her nectar.

I deluded myself into thinking we could stay just friends.

Electricity flows through our conversations.

I can't do this now.

For the moment, I scramble to ground to our thinly veiled passion.

Although, I'd ride lightning to get to her right now if she called.

 

 

 

 

 

© 2014 The Analog Kid


Author's Note

The Analog Kid
Temptations. My first attempt at free-form poetry. I have never used the strike-through device before either.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love freestyle which is good for me as it is all i write and know of lol
I like the words crossed out.. it gives us more to think about..
Can people of the opposite sex be just friends, or does this happen sooner or later?
Well written I like it very much.. and long time no see!

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

F**k...twice..

Yeah I have played the denial game..and when they wink in a direction that could be considered yours you fire up the ol hot rod and race to their position under the guise of "I was in the area."

The best poems bring on the worst memories sometimes...
but its also the worst situations that make the best memories...

f*****g A...B and C while were at it

Bravo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A free verse with a very distinct and musical beat. Your words are tender as if by contrast to the strong emotions spiraling in this poem. I love the last two lines too. It's bittersweet and just simply touching. It has the feeling of a forbidden love going on in it.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
first attempt? really? it's very good!! a passionate write - great descriptions - "electricity flows through our conversations" - the flower/nectar - the longing, nice!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh, this is really great stuff. Raw, passionate...and the right amount of that sparking drama that happens between people! Very well done! I especially like the strike throughs, as if you're scribbling these thoughts...then no...yes, no It can't be...adds to the drama and brings it up another level!

Posted 13 Years Ago


you are my light

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i'm going to give a second review of this. i want you to know the last line of this poem is the exact moment when i knew you totally rocked!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh this is sweet. I like it. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, to fall is love with a friend is hard; I know. Nothing will ever be the same. This is the first writing on this subject that I have read. You, so aptly, described the confusion that ensues. I loved this poem, written like someone whom has been there. Fantastic!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
I hear you, I've been there and I like the way the last line sums it all up. Love the song choice as well, great song. It's funny how we trick ourselves into thinking there's nothing heavy going on when deep inside that yearning won't go away. The mental devices we use are useless over time. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


If this is your first attempt at free form poetry then I think you deserve a very BIG well done!
I especially liked the strike through's.. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 2, 2010
Last Updated on March 16, 2014
Tags: conflicted love; forbidden love;

Author

The Analog Kid
The Analog Kid

Allentown, PA



About
Joined: Jul 5, 2008 ******************************************************************** This is the poem of a friend that I find to be exceptional: The Seventh Thread Intermingle.. more..

Writing
Son Son

A Poem by The Analog Kid


ty ty

A Poem by The Analog Kid



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lies Lies

A Poem by Manda


Flash Flash

A Poem by George Love


End Of An Era End Of An Era

A Poem by Alex W