The Edge

The Edge

A Poem by The Analog Kid
"

Dreams play tricks on you. I took a derivative of a line from a Counting Crows song to spawn the first stanza.

"

You see the traffic rise

Then a sudden surprise

Closer the sidewalk spins

You wake and it’s gone...you win.

 

Passion burning in your head

Elusive girl of your dreams, in your bed

Sweet release, it’s what you choose

You wake and she’s gone...you lose.

 

Intruder breaches your door

Glass shatters, this is war!

Search the house, pursuing within

You wake and he’s gone...you win.

 

Kindergarten friends, there’s no rain

Innocent times, who knew about pain?

All over again, like you just got the news.

You wake and she’s gone...you lose.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2012 The Analog Kid


Author's Note

The Analog Kid
Sometimes I dream that something happened and it takes me until noon, until it dawns on me that it didn't. Also, I have dreamed that a childhood friend (that passed away) was alive and halfway through the day....it hits me like a rock...that's all this is about...


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Kindergarten" lovely... are you German? lol or have ancestors?
I guess, it's the inner fight of love in all within you say... it's the game that will come
With love and play.... Wonderful thought out visions, truth, and wisdom. Many shall recognize the fact of it....

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Analog Kid

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much:)

11 Years Ago

Very welcome my friend.
I know that feeling.. someone said it was lucid dreaming..x I'd have to google it lol. I felt the walking in the grey with this.. between the dream and the reality..xo Great write..xo :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Analog Kid

11 Years Ago

Thanks:) It is such a weird feeling, isn't it?
Lily Mae

11 Years Ago

It is.. it's like you can't shake the feeling for the rest of the day...xo
Sometimes I have moments too when I'm not really sure if my memories remind me of true events or just derivations from my own dreams. You're exploring an idea not usually tackled in poems, with a title so much appropriate for it. Living this kind of moments seem like standing at the edge of reality dreams, it's really confusing.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 12 Years Ago


Whoa! A dream that goes in many direction, I’ve had these where I would have something and then lose it only to wake up before I’d find it.
Great job, well done.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Very well written

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nicely written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, I get this. I do it too. I dream about being with my husband again and being with my Grandparents that are dead. It takes me awhile to adjust when I wake that this time has passed for me. I must adjust to changes that have happened. Nice poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This one really stands out and is so realistic.. heads you win tails you lose.. life is not the game we can always chose. Great lyrical poem.. should we question dreams? Were they intended to be dissected or just enjoyed as a wonder! I think everyone has had a dream they thought was reality at some point.. in sleep, daydreams and in everyday life.. sad when it hits that it was just that. Nicely done for being short.. makes a reader think!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm sorry about your friend. :[

I like the "...you win...you lose...you win...you lose" arrangement within the poem.

Very nice poem and thought provoking. It took me a second to get it... but I like that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Pat, second and fourth stanzas really stood out for me. I love dreams, who needs netflix?

You've got a nice spirit you know that?

Great stuff friend!
Antonio


Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

543 Views
24 Reviews
Added on March 7, 2010
Last Updated on July 21, 2012

Author

The Analog Kid
The Analog Kid

Allentown, PA



About
Joined: Jul 5, 2008 ******************************************************************** This is the poem of a friend that I find to be exceptional: The Seventh Thread Intermingle.. more..

Writing
Son Son

A Poem by The Analog Kid


ty ty

A Poem by The Analog Kid