Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Carly

"Jack! Jack! Please! Please stop it!" I screamed at his face. He didnt let go. His friends were laughing, along with him. I was furious. He promised.

"Your drunk! You bastered! You promised you wouldnt do this! Your 16, Jack!" I was screaming louder, but his grip still plunged into my skin. I struggled to make him stop dragging me across the parking lot. I knew what he was trying to do.

"Babe! Stop struggling! This is going to be a blast," Jack said, a little slur on "stop" and "blast." Before I could respond, he kissed me on the lips. I was disgusted. His lips tasted of beer and sweat. I pulled away, but he still kept his lips on mine. His friends laughed and were asking if they could have some of that. My whole body was filled with rage and dissipointment. Before I could think about the consequinces, I slamed my knee into his croch so hard that I heard a slight crunch. He backed away slowly, taken aback. His friends looked pained, and backed away, too. I took a step forward, and now that he was my height, I slapped him across the face. It hurt my hand. He fell to the ground, groaning. One of his friends grabbed my arm as I started to run. His fingers dug into my skin. It hurt kind of bad, but I didnt show it.

"Babe! What did you do that for? Do you know how bad it hurts when you kick a man in his croch?" He spat the words out, angry. God, his breath stank. I was silent. After about five seconds, he went on.

"Do you want to find out?" He smiled a grin that was full of hatred and amusement. Jack was still laying on the pavement. Before I could hurt his friend, he pulled me to the edge of someones' car. Jacks other friends were next to us now. He opened the passenger side of the car and slamed my head onto the top of the car. My nose was broken, I could feel it. I screamed in agony. There was a pool of blood in my mouth. I spat it out onto the ground. There was already a pool of blood on the pavement. His friends laughed and a different boy grabbed my waist and threw me to the ground. He kicked me in the stomach. I hunched foward and screamed again. I started to burst into tears and coughed up blood. The pain was bewildering. Jacks friends all left and picked Jack up and set him in the car. They all piled in, and the guy that kicked me hopped in the drivers seat. They drove off and left me on the pavement, crying and sitting in my blood.

 

My eyes fluttered open, relizing where I was. I was in my living room, my nose all bandaged up. I started to sit up when a sharp pain stabbed at my ribs. I screamed a little, barley a scream, more like a loud sigh of agony. I quickly layed back down. Arms were around me, avoiding my ribs. How did I get here?

"Honey, its okay. Your fine. Your safe, now," my moms voice was reassuring, but it still had a hint of sympathy. "Do you want some cookies I made? Some tea?" Her voice cracked when she said "cookies." I shook my head. Thats when I noticed the t.v. had Jacks picture on it and the local news reporter. I acted right away.

"Mom, trun the mute off. Hurry," my voice was calm. She obeyed. I heard her say something along the lines of "son of a b***h" under her breath. I ignored it.

..."and it sounds like the cops just cought Jack Smith's friends. They still cant find Jack himself, but we will give updates soon. This all started because of a sixteen year old-" My picture popped up, replacing Jacks-"named Samantha Wallas. All we know is that they were trying to get her drunk so they could do some sort of activity, and things got out of hand." I stopped lisening. I just stared at the next pictures that popped up. There was a crushed down house that was on fire with one of Jacks friends cars next to it. The next house was vandilized very badly. This neighborhood looked familiar. I just stared and puzzled the flowers on the steps of this house. The street name on the green... Oh, my God, I thought. It was my neighborhood. They must of thought one of these houses was mine! Another house popped up, this was my next door neighbors house, and that was burned to rubble. 

The next picture was of my favorite coffe shop, vandilized, and then the shopping mall, destroyed and on fire. I couldnt believe it.

"They... all of it?" I asked, verydoubtful. I only kicked him! That couldnt be right.

"Yes. Sammi, Its not your fault," she said, probably because I looked very guilty. I didnt belive her. I just shook my head.

"Sammi, hes a jerk. He did that to the whole town!" She gestured towards the t.v. pictures. I wanted to tell her the whole story. That Jack wasnt the one who hurt me. I hurt him. But he probably would of hurt me if he could of moved. So I said bits of it.

"Mom, yes it is my fault. I kicked him because he... then he fell and his friends... they shouldnt try to find..." I started to cry. She hugged me very lightly and said,

"Oh, honey. Yes they should. After he felt better, he told his friends that they should do this! His friends ratted him out! Thats why Jack ran away." I couldnt believe it. I just couldnt. He cant be that mad.

"Honey, he was drunk. He probably is looking for you. Please dont go out there and look for him. He will hurt-" I stopped listening. I had to go. I loved him. He didnt hurt me and I know he cares about me, too. I cant let him die. He was drunk. He had to be at least half sober by now. My mom must of seen the look on my face because she started to shake her head and go on and on about how its late, and that he would get cought soon and that she wouldnt allow it and that I was hurt. But I knew that I wasnt hurt because of him. I got off the couch, ignoring the sharp pain in my stomach. I headed for the door.

"Sammi! Dont you dare walk out on me!" My moms voice was high and very worried.

"Mom, I love you. Would I be going out to look for him if I knew he would hurt me? Yes, Im incredibly mad, but I need to tell him I love him before he dies. He wont hurt me mom. I wouldnt do that to you," my voice was sincere and very confident. She looked at me with tear filled eyes, and didnt say anything.

Leaving her on the couch alone, I turned and walked out the door.



© 2010 Carly


Author's Note

Carly
I dont know if this is a good start! I will start over if its not. Im just playing aroud with it a little bit. This was my best first chapter so please comment and tell me if I shoud fix something or if im on a bad start! Comment please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ki
Definately do research on abuse. And just wondering, do you have a plan? Because a lot has happened already and it's only chapter one. Maybe Sammi could have a lot of flashbacks to the beggining of the relationship . It was well written though!

Posted 13 Years Ago


AHHH!! SOO GOOD! :O

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very wonderful start to a book which appears to be about abuse. As long as you do your homework on abuse and keep the creativity going this will blossom into a wonderful novel.

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMG...!!!...
THAT WAS AMAZING...
KEEP GOING...
I WANNA READ THE REST NOW...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2010
Last Updated on August 7, 2010
Tags: mystery, love, romance, carly


Author

Carly
Carly

MN



About
I love to write. I mostly write poems because they are my favorite to read. They are descriptive and just great influences. Most of my poems are influenced or inspired by other people but some i just .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Carly


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Carly


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Carly