Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Carly
"

By Michiko, (from Charlie's perspective)

"
Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Michiko
"

Michiko- from Charlie's point of view.

"
"ME AND MY COUSINS AND YOU AND YOUR COUSINS!" blares my alarm clock. It's a pretty awesome clock, my dad got it in New York. It exclusively plays indie rock. Cuz I'm that kind of chick. I groan, but reluctantly drag myself to the bathroom.
Joli is already up. She looks as though she has been for about two hours. She's putting some sort of mousse in her waist length, dark auburn, wavy locks. Yuck. Me? I got my dad's bright red, curly hair. Epic, I know. It looks kind of crazy, so I run I comb through it. Joli scrunched her little button nose.
"Geez Charlotte. You could at least try to look cool." she says, exasperated. I roll my eyes.
"I wish you wouldn't call me that. It's CHARLIE. And there are more important things than looking like every other prep out there." I then proceed to grab some eyeliner and stomp out the door. I pull on my usual uniform of skinny jeans, Converse, and a band tee (today it's the Ramones). Pretty different than what Joli is wearing. White kitten heels, mini skirt, and a crisp cashmere sweater. It kind of makes me want to puke.
I really should be a prep. We live in Northbury, Connecticut. If you saw our town on a map, it would be wearing khakis. Everyone here is rich, and our family is no exception. Me and Joli go to Northbury High, we're fraternal twins. In 10th grade.
Joli is popular. We both have the same green eyes, but that's about where whe similitaties end. She is tall, I'm short. She has a 4.0 GPA, the only class I do well in is art. Boys love her. The last time I talked to a boy was when I prank called Pizza Hut. Needless to say, we fight. A lot. We have absolutely nothing in common.
At Northbury, prep is cool. The preppiest are dubbed with the title of "popular". What an accomplishment. Joli is pretty high ranking. Me? Probably close to last. Which Joli finds highly embarrassing. I mean, imagine! Having a sister who owns nothing from Calvin Klein.
All I need is my art (mainly just drawings) and my best friend Willow. Willow is one of the shyest people ever. But we have been close for a long time, so she can open up to me. I'm considered short. I'm 5 foot 2. Despite her name, Willow is 4 foot 10. Her 12 year old brother is taller than her parents are always obsessing over it, thinking she has some sort of disorder. She has shoulder length, straight blonde hair and deep gray eyes. She has a haunting look to her, very beautiful. But she's too shy to be popular. Plus she's not preppy. She prefers to wear a plain tee and jeans.
Back to getting ready. I pour myself a small bowl of cereal. Joli rushes in, exclaiming how we need to leave NOW! We cannot spoil her perfect attendance record. How life shattering that would be. Dad looks at me and gives me a secret smile.
Dad and I are really close. He's a doctor, so yeah, we're pretty "rich". But him and I don't act like it like Joli does.
I have to drive Joli EVERYWHERE. We're sixteen, but she failed her driving test and refuses to take it again. It's not fun being chauffeur. Hauling her to school, tennis lessons, her stupid friend's houses...
"We have to pick up Donald!" she exclaims. Oh, great. Donald is Joli's boyfriend of the week. He's a freshman, but apparently "yummy" enough for her.
So I drive 10 miles out of the way to Donald's house. He seemed rather grateful for the ride when he joined Joli in the back without regarding me and promptly began smooching her. Oh, the joys of driving your bratty sister and her dud of a boyfriend to school as they giggle and eat each other's faces in the back.
As soon as we get to school, I park and run to the building as fast as I can to get away from the power couple of the moment.
First period is art, which is pretty awesome for three reasons. One, I love art in genera. I've always loved to draw. And this class is the one class that I actually exceed in.
Two, Willow is in my class. She prefers paintings, but we usually sit together anyway. And three, our teacher, Mr. Wells, is pretty much the coolest teacher ever. He let's us listen to rock while we work, and let's us do whatever kind of art we like.
I take my usual seat in the back. Willow is there to greet me. She smiles pleasantly.
"Hey Charlie. Look, I'm painting that one cool tree in your backyard!" she says. I look over at the painting. It's really great.
"That's such a great idea, Will! Mind if I draw it?" she smiles and nods. We both settle in, working. Occasionally making comments about one another's work. Mr. Wells walks over and compliments our work. Suddenly, we're interrupted by a loud noise. The door has just been thrown open and the person on the other side is looking quite frantic. Guess who it is? Joli.


© 2010 Carly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
Added on December 30, 2010
Last Updated on December 31, 2010
Tags: carly, michiko, demons, vampires, friendship


Author

Carly
Carly

MN



About
I love to write. I mostly write poems because they are my favorite to read. They are descriptive and just great influences. Most of my poems are influenced or inspired by other people but some i just .. more..

Writing
Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Carly


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Carly


Chapter Four Chapter Four

A Chapter by Carly