Rope and Glass

Rope and Glass

A Poem by Daniel Scotty Roz

*Sigh*...And I tried to be gentle about it. I had to be graceful and let go of things that weren't meant to be.

Before I had been strangled, dangling by the thread of a rope I had tied us together by this same noose.

We suffered together in such sweet harmony, escaping reality in the midst of our creations.

I'd turn my cheek for you to have you turn your back on me. There wasn't a chance for us to breathe in this cold.

Shattered glass menageries beneath us told better stories then you ever could have imagined. It's as if breaking you was what kept us glued together.

Blackened skin can fade, but even when glass turns to dust, the memories will never dissipate.

You...loved being hurt so I choked you. And I...loved hurting you so you had me choke you.

So your lifeless corpse is left swimming in shattered frames and your sea of blood drowns your face. Your pile of glass and this rope that clenches my neck can finally lead us to the same beautiful...place.

© 2013 Daniel Scotty Roz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"You...loved being hurt so I choked you. And I...loved hurting you so you had me choke you.

So your lifeless corpse is left swimming in shattered frames and your sea of blood drowns your face. Your pile of glass and this rope that clenches my neck can finally lead us to the same beautiful...place. "

^I really like this because I love how you had an essence of Poe in your writing. How the love for a person can be what kills you both. Great Job on this! (:

Posted 9 Years Ago


"lifeless corpse is left swimming in shattered frames and your sea of blood drowns your face. Your pile of glass and this rope that clenches my neck can finally lead us to the same beautiful...place. "

I like this poem alot....Thank you for sharing...:)................................


Posted 10 Years Ago


I read this and can only think of the most toxic of relationships we have all had. We know it's bad but we keep coming back for more. Well written and beautiful images.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 3, 2013
Last Updated on December 3, 2013

Author

Daniel Scotty Roz
Daniel Scotty Roz

Clark, NJ



About
Freelance graphic designer also interested in poetry and spoken word. more..

Writing