Mini Book Reviews

Mini Book Reviews

A Story by Debbie Barry
"

This isn't really a story. These two book reviews are my genuine reactions, but written in response to the challenge of a creative writing prompt. The prompt asked for one review; I wrote two.

"


Mini Book Reviews

 I found this book by accident, but I'm already hooked, and downloaded its sequel!  This action thriller is exciting, suspenseful, and just creepy enough to be great fun!  The characterization of Special Agent Pendergast is brilliant!  Preston and Child's have a real winner in Relic!

 

After reading Relic, I had to find its sequel,  and Reliquary more than lives up to the quality of its predecessor!  The story is fast-paced, and the thrills of the mystery keep you listening!  Special Agent Pendergast is brilliant, once again, as the character continues to develop.  There are some surprises carried over from the previous novel,  so the reader might want to listen to them in order,  but Preston and Child's have written this novel so it can also stand on its own.  I definitely recommend this novel!

© 2018 Debbie Barry


Author's Note

Debbie Barry
Initial reactions and constructive criticism welcome. Reviews are hard to write, and are an interesting side of creative writing. I'm not good at being vague or concise, but both are needed for a book review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on May 23, 2018
Last Updated on May 23, 2018
Tags: book review, writing promt, relic, reliquary, special agent pendergast, action, adventure, mystery, crime

Author

Debbie Barry
Debbie Barry

Clarkston, MI



About
I live with my husband in southeastern Michigan with our two cats, Mister and Goblin. We enjoy exploring history through French and Indian War re-enactment and through medieval re-enactment in the So.. more..

Writing