Flowers

Flowers

A Story by PastelQueen
"

Flowers have a beautiful language all their own

"

I wish people could be more like flowers, with their emotions and intentions out in the open for all passerby to see. The beautiful petals of emotion, painted so delicately, as though an artist had devoted his life to their creation, to be fully analyzed and appreciated for their uniqueness. The pollen, there to spread around the sentiment of the flower, whether the connotation be good or bad. Too bad that such a  wonderfully expressive form of communication died-or rather wilted-long ago, with Queen Elizabeth, as they laid her in her grave with a dozen white lilies.

Some days I feel the need to put a lovely gardenia in my hair, to amplify the feeling of pure happiness and joy I feel. To spread around the brightness I feel that compliments the bright white of the gardenia. I will place the beauteous flower in the hair of all I see, watching the joyfulness reach that person's eyes will make it all the more brighter.

If you greet me while I wear a petunia chain, seemingly dainty and unthreatening on my delicate wrist, you should not be surprised by the annoyed and frustrated expression I would give you. The unadulterated hostility I harbor that  day shall manifest itself into a purple aura to match the light purple flowers. I will gladly send you a decorative hyacinth pin as an apology.

The day I am handed a necklace with a camellia pendant, my face will replicate it's jeweled red petals. I would certainly find much comfort in that jewelry later in my life, to know that someone would feel such passionate thoughts for me, it is no doubt a universal reaction.

Roses, seemingly the symbol of love and adoration, change when given a different hue. The putrid yellow of the rose earrings I wear is annoyingly ironic when I see my lover give the same red camellia to another person, I run away as they embrace. I suppose I should rejoice. I was right, it is a universal reaction.

One might argue to have everything out in the open in such a way would only lead to more woe than you were preventing. But I believe that we have become too lazy for true emotions, ones that appease the situation instantly are much more undemanding. When we as a culture decide we wish to create a beautiful garden of emotions, all pain that is felt is, at the minimum, genuine and will be easily forgotten with genuine sympathy and love. We should all strive to be like flowers, for flowers are the most honest beings in this world.

© 2016 PastelQueen


Author's Note

PastelQueen
Anything you want to mention!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
Added on June 29, 2016
Last Updated on June 29, 2016
Tags: short story, flowers

Author

PastelQueen
PastelQueen

Wichita Falls, TX



About
Hello! I'm PastelQueen and I have only been writing for about a year now, so I'm still learning. I mostly write short stories cause I'm not focused enough to write a full novel and I don't really unde.. more..

Writing
Airplanes Airplanes

A Story by PastelQueen


Stars Stars

A Story by PastelQueen