CH1 The Rebirth of Pon

CH1 The Rebirth of Pon

A Chapter by Jones Crimson
"

Pon and his sister are Chosen Ones.

"

Fourteen was all they were allowed.  Fourteen years of family care, filled with nurturing and at times hard work.  They had to earn their way in life through service, not like the elite at all, these children were fortunate as far as serfs are concerned but fourteen was still far too little time.

At the age of fourteen the boy and his sister, older by ten months, were taken away from his world.  He was not sold or captured, no, he was grasped by the powers that control this world and sent to a new realm.  The War God's realm.  The ground was black and cold, the skies were red and burning.

 

He and his sister were a part of the realm's chosen by the divine as an advance team into the darkness.  Knowledge of countless battles were apportioned to them.  Their bodies were given the powers of advanced internal and external mana.  They were perfect warriors against the dark.

 

An older subject in that age would have been unusable.  They were too far decayed from their proper genome.  They would not make suitable hosts for the spirits, even the children suffered the side-effects of being too far different from the original beings.

 

The spirits were wrong, though.  The one who struggled the most with the spirits, Pon, was the most powerful of them all.  As the battles waged on, many fell.  The spirit towers sent wave after wave to destroy the enemy encampment and were met with overwhelming assault teams contrasting their own.  Only the spirit users turned the tide of battle against the War God's outer reaches. As such they were hunted with extreme prejudice.

 

On the first day, half the Spirit Knights fell.  Half of those who didn't fall on the first day died on the second or third day; not from battle but from tainted wounds inflicted on the first.  By the tenth day only forty-three remained, and each of them knew that a single scratch would poison them beyond recovery.  The Spirits are the only thing allowing them to live in this harsh environment.  It allows them to live without sleep, food, or even breathable air but the black taint weakens the spirits and drives them out.

 

As the knights dwindled in number day after day the battle became more and more difficult to win.  If they had known what they were up against and how to use their new power the battle would have been won on the first day with ease.  The spirits were too complacent, they didn't know what it was like to be human.  They didn't account for fear or confusion.  The assault was almost a complete failure, a suicide run.

 

Pon, however, had limits and suffered fatigue and headaches from his spirit.  Pon's weakness made him smart.  They made him responsible and drove him to work harder.  Pon protected his sister and himself for two years, over seven hundred days.  Long after everyone but he and his sister had perished Pon developed a strategy that indefinitely held the ground with less units than the enemy.  Pon spread the spirit golems in lines outward from his base and the enemy base, leading the the cross-section of the battlefield.  The enemy goblins and orcs, stupid and without direction, constantly spread themselves thin across the entire field to attack whatever enemies they saw first.

 

Because the enemies were spread thin Pon and his sister could easily wipe them out.  The golems held position at Pon's orders and grew in numbers.  There were times when enemies grouped together and charged the front line and times when reinforcements would create a war party with which to flank the Spirit Tower.  Pon was not amused, even the planned attacks were completely uncoordinated.  How the ruler of this realm could possibly be a War God was beyond his comprehension.  It was as if this entire realm had been abandoned by its benefactor.

 

Pon was a human contracted with an earth elemental spirit, though he lacked alignment.  His armor was stone and his sword was crystal.  He focused on speed and only ever used his attribute to shake the earth and disrupt enemy movements in a small area.  Unlike the countless others that died before him, Pon never stood his ground.  He was constantly fighting opponents who weren't looking.  His amazing strength made him capable of carrying his own weight more efficiently than the enemy, and thusly he was the fastest of all the earth attributes.

 

After months of planning and amassing the constantly assembling golems, Pon and his sister recklessly abandoned their own base and rushed straight to the enemy spire.  When the enemies saw this they all turned on the advance team only to be wiped out by the defensive line that move forward and broke formation to kill off those who turned away.  From all the southern field the enemy encampment was assaulted and breached, the wall shook and fell under the imposing might of Pon and the golems.

 

Actually destroying the spire was up to Pon's sister.  Her spirit was a wind spirit.  It was a healer and a purifier, and it could remove the War God's touch from the arching tower, though the black taint will remain there.  She was proficient with ranged attacks and operated at full capacity while standing on a golem in the middle of the group.  The golem she road atop would always hold up its arms to protect her.

 

Her weapon was a transparent bow that compresses and fires the air itself.  Pon complained about the sound it made quite often.  First there was no sound, the bow received power from movement in the air, and then there was a loud ringing when the arrows flew.

 

At the foot of the tower, Pon shed his stone skin and threw down his sword.  He picked up his sister and with all his force leapt into the air.  At the peak of his jump he threw his sister by the foot and she used the assisted jump to reach the peak.  She was prepared to shoot the few watchmen at the peak who had killed so many and vexed her from afar for so long.  She placed a hand into the rift that the creatures drew power from and her spirit took the spire with glee.  

 

A flash of light engulfs the field as Pon and his sister get pulled from the realm.  This is not how the story of Pon ended.  This is how the story of Pon began, reborn into his home world as one of two remaining spirit knights in all of existence.  The War was over, but Pon was not satisfied with what little he had gained for it all.



© 2016 Jones Crimson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

much pon-age, very pon, well pon-ed

pon/pon character names
pon/pon battle strats
9/11 dank memes
sister/pon font choice

Total: 3/10 never ever publish, it's garbage.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Added on October 10, 2016
Last Updated on October 13, 2016


Author

Jones Crimson
Jones Crimson

ND



About
Seeking representation, contact for more information. I have complete works not posted here. I enjoy writing Fantasy, but I've had musings in almost all subjects; with the exception of Romance. .. more..

Writing