Of Darkness and Inner-Curious

Of Darkness and Inner-Curious

A Story by DevinPerkins

       Have you ever had a feeling of contentness with the dark? When the the shadows are all, and the light is what's scary? In the dark, when nothing is sought after, every action is a cautious step, you know? It begs the attention of your curiosity like a toddler at the feet of it's mother. It wants it. It wants it as if that is the answer to all things. The dark worships your curiosity as if it were a god. And it makes a shrine out of your body.

       Within your body is that contentness for the dark. Is that to say that the shrine is content with the worshipper? As if the curiosity itself is just okay in feeling when it comes to the darkness; it's worshipper, it's believer, it's disciple? No. 

       I know due to the fact that what drives my curiosity is the darkness, and what drives the darkness is my curiosity. Together, they're just a coincidence. Apart, they're just themselves. It's the fact that one thing exists that drives the other, not the one thing itself.

© 2013 DevinPerkins


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on January 25, 2013
Last Updated on January 25, 2013

Author

DevinPerkins
DevinPerkins

Rochester, NH



About
The last time I wrote in this I said that I was 17 years old. Which was true, but now I'm 20 years old. I had also said I didn't plan on publishing my music what so ever. Now if you Google "Professor .. more..

Writing