Consequence of Sweets

Consequence of Sweets

A Story by Kathryn Jenkins
"

See what happens to Christophe and Kerowyne when they get caught with there hands in the cookie jar...so to speak.

"

He stood in the kitchen trying his best to avoid her. Christophe hated it when his wife always nagged him about eating sweets. Well today Mitchel made brownies and he wasn’t about to wait for her to march in and put them under lock and key.

 Christophe was halfway through his fourth one when Kerowyne’s head popped threw the door.

“Your not suppose to be eating those,” she said. “Especially, since Grandma thinks their the reason why you have high blood pressure.”

He rolled his eyes. Trust me you little pest you and your brothers are the reason for that, he thought.

“Why don’t you stop whining and get over here and have some,” he said.

 Well, that shut her up. She strided over without another word and they both enjoyed the tasty brownies in silence. That was till he heard it. The huff, the deadliest noise that could bring a man to his knees. Christophe slowly turned around and his worse nightmare was standing in the doorway.

“We’re dead,” Kerowyne said.

 He couldn’t help but agree with her as he tried to swallow the chunk of brownie in his mouth. Usually, they taste so delicious but this one tasted like ash going down.

“Well,” Roseanne came. “What are you to doing?”

 “Nothing,” he said. Christophe lowered his eyes and gave an innocent smirk hoping to soften the bear, before she attacked.

“I caught Grandpa eating the brownies,” Kerowyne yelled. “He told me I could have some.”

Christophe turned on Kerowyne and gave her the coldest glare. How dare that little brat throw me to the wolf, he tought.

“It doesn’t matter if Christophe gave you permission Kerowyne,” Roseanne said. “You both got caught with the brownies and both of you will suffer the consequences.”

He didn’t like the look that went over his wifes face. Damn, another night of nagging, he thought.

© 2013 Kathryn Jenkins


Author's Note

Kathryn Jenkins
I welcome all criticism, especially grammar and spelling. I hope you enjoy the story :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 9, 2013
Last Updated on September 9, 2013
Tags: Tarzinea, Fantasy, Christophe, short story

Author

Kathryn Jenkins
Kathryn Jenkins

Sioux City, IA



About
I am an aspiring writer that has a strong love for the fantasy genres. I have started my blog Dragon Knight Chronicles to help other fantasy lovers like myself to feel inspired and to help them get pu.. more..

Writing