Memories

Memories

A Chapter by draphy

Time and again I had thought of that moment. Over the years I had tried to replicate that intense joy that had spread through me but failed each time. All I can say is, it was so sudden and so overpowering that I did not even think of savouring the moment.

I walked towards the window and placed my hands on the wooden beam. Outside, there were several houses, flats, shops and lanes over which loomed a huge circular building. I knew that building as being the swordsman headquarters and school in one. Several children were running around its fields and a few adults stoicly entered and excited. The seemingly newly risen sun clarified the view below as I felt myself smiling widely. Bird song wafted across the air.

Then I noticed something very strange. I felt this familiarity with the view I beheld. I felt home in this room I had subconsciously known as my own. Recollections of events, textures, people and even experiences I did not know of a minute ago were firmly ingrained. What was strange... Was that nothing was strange.

I had memories of handling a sword. Memories of learning flips, holds and making new friends. But most importantly, I remembered something from roughly four years ago. I remembered finding myself in this world for the first time. Four years ago... That was when I was first convinced I lived in two worlds.

Elated, I spun around, surveying the room before me. The words 'I was right' kept flirting across my mind. Not only did the world of 'Blade Fables' exist but I really was a swordsman. Well, a swordsman in training. With a jolt, I was pulled back from my ecstasy. I had forgotten. Or rather failed to remember. I was not a trainee swordsman any more. Starting today.

Beginning to panic, I glanced at the small alarm clock near my bed. It read 6 am. 6 am! I was supposed to be at the headquarters by 6 am!

Everything was a blur as I rushed to make myself presentable. I snatched my previously ironed outfit from inside my closet and changed into it from my pyjamas. Running towards the dresser, I grabbed my brush and started to comb my wavy hair.

That was when I caught my reflection on the mirror. While everything felt familiar, there was still an aspect of wonder in the background. This wonder became much more prevalent when I saw myself adorned in clothing like I had only before imagined myself in.

Momentarily forgetting my hurry, I ran my hand along my red coat. I felt excited in this childish manner when I examined my long sleeved, zipped up, yellow shirt and orange neck tie. Eyes glinting further, I remembered my sword and belt. Grabbing it, I glanced at my reflection again, all buckled up. I felt strangely content.

Slipping on my black gloves and white and black boots, I almost stepped out of my room when I noticed something in the corner of my eyes. A calender.

Today was my first day as a swordsman. So it was February the first. But February the first was also the day that...

Oh no...

With a stony heart, I ran out. February the first... The day that Ahio might die.


© 2015 draphy


Author's Note

draphy
Please tell me what you think of the plot and the character.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on July 17, 2015
Last Updated on July 17, 2015
Tags: Worlds, adventure, fantasy, boy, magic, belief, swords, swordsman, fighting


Author

draphy
draphy

Colombo, Western province , Sri Lanka



Writing
An Introduction An Introduction

A Chapter by draphy


The Truth. The Truth.

A Chapter by draphy


Worlds Worlds

A Book by draphy