HURT

HURT

A Poem by dreaming dame

It's true what they say;

ev'rything's not what it seems,

Falling; dying are my dreams

Hurt ALWAYS finds the way.

The way to hurt me the most,

While he sits there and boasts.

 

It has been said,

Unnoticed is the heart that's blue,

But now all hope has fled.

Oh, oh  what to do.

© 2011 dreaming dame


Author's Note

dreaming dame
This is older, and I was really down when I wrote this.
Let me know what you think. Be honest!!!!! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

okay, i actually find that your last few words turn the mood of the piece from sad to funny. uhmm im not sure if this is what you were going for. I like it though because it seems to lighten the entire situation and makes it easier for the reader to evaluate whats going on and think about what they themselves would do. I like that:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was very sad but I could feel the strength of the emotions in those few words. Nice work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A powerful poem in so few words. So much emotion hidden in the lines of the poem. Sometime the truth take us to a sad place when we learn we are alone and must find our hope again. A excellent poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


it is sad but you could really feel the emotion.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Being honest, I can totally see him sitting there boasting even though I kinda doubt it's the same guy you were seeing but I see it none the less. Wonderful job dearest dame:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is sad (I hope you feel better now), but you wrote it so beautifully I can't complain, I loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 4, 2011
Last Updated on May 16, 2011

Author

dreaming dame
dreaming dame

Southern Ontario, Canada



About
I'm 18 now, finally the age I dreamed of being as a kid lol. Life has shown that lessons can be taught in a very difficult way.. but I believe in finding the little things of beauty in everyday life.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..