Dr. Gregory Brammer Provides Tips for Working with Aggressive Patients

Dr. Gregory Brammer Provides Tips for Working with Aggressive Patients

A Story by Dr Gregory Brammer
"

Dr. Gregory Brammer has been working as an emergency medicine physician for nearly twenty years, and he understands that violent and aggressive patients are unavoidable.

"

Dr. Gregory Brammer is a dedicated individual who has been working hard throughout his career in order to help those in need. He has been serving as an Emergency Medicine Physician for the last two decades, and he has been recognized for his ability to innovate new practices in the field, as well as train other professional to use those practices. He is also serving as the Chief Executive Officer of BrammerMD, which is a continuation of his ten-year work in the medico-legal field. He understands what it takes to be successful in emergency medicine, and what it takes to help those in need.

When working in emergency medicine, Dr. Gregory Brammer understands that you don’t get to choose the patients that you’re ultimately presented with, and if you work in a hospital in a major city, you will be dealing with violent patients from time to time. Here are some useful tips for working with violent patients in a hospital environment.

First, make sure you establish control. This doesn’t mean that you need to be aggressive like your patients, but make it clear that you have no opinion on why the patient is need of emergency care, but that you’re there to help. Establishing control is important as an emergency physician because you need to have a handle on the patients and the facility in order to work.

Second, avoid raising your voice to the patients. Often, an aggressive patient will be yelling or using a loud voice; it is important that you don’t elevate your own voice to their level, but speak calmly in order to maintain control. Yelling along with your patient will only prove to escalate the situation and add more chaos to the situation at hand.

Third, Dr. Gregory Brammer knows you need to be sure to maintain distance between yourself and a particularly aggressive patient. In some extreme cases, restraints are used in order to keep the patient from lashing out at nurses or physicians. Be aware of your surroundings, and don’t attempt to work on the patient alone. In the same way, avoid prolonged eye contact, which could be taken as confrontational; always appear friendly when dealing with violent patients.

To Learn More About Dr Gregory Brammer Visit At :

© 2016 Dr Gregory Brammer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on August 1, 2016
Last Updated on August 1, 2016
Tags: Dr Gregory Brammer

Author

Dr Gregory Brammer
Dr Gregory Brammer

University Place, WA



About
Dr. Gregory Brammer is currently serving as Physician Medical Legal Consultant for BrammerMD, which is a medical and legal consulting company that was established in 2015. He created the company after.. more..

Writing