cause

cause

A Poem by h d e rushin

Because somewhere wooly mammoths still roam the earth.

cause you have an uncle whose patterns on his pants don't match his shirt.

cause the Yeti is invisible but lives and lives well eating pine nuts under a deciduous elm.

cause the neighbors cat really can't  see you.

cause roses squeal when frightened.

cause all fires are set to hide the murdered two.

cause singing the blues keeps the air clean.

cause your hair has the same roots as heroin.

cause the lump on the side of your neck is a lymphnode from New Haven.

cause Africa is a nine year old girl playing nurse.

cause makeup is who mother really is.

cause the old woman without it is in need of Dr. Perricone.

cause the blackhead is really a yellowhead;

is really a man with no head.

cause no man over 40 has any liver function.

cause my glasses are hiding from me.

cause the homeless are the teleported souls of Goshen.

cause my sisters Parkinson's is shaking 8 mile rd.

cause Plath and Sexton, when read aloud, makes you gay.

cause history is a pretend tea party.

cause your lawyer will pretend to care.

cause you will someday come apart.

cause when your child is born the old ones will hold your knees down.

cause the midwife slept thru "On the Waterfront".

cause total strangers will distinguish themselves by knowing your first name..

cause any Chrysler with 200 thousand miles is a miracle.

cause the school girl swallows.

cause the Black girl will go unmarried.

cause ET would be unwelcomed.

cause God could be an orange slice.

cause waiting is the same as golf.

cause love is what the comb does.

cause the Monkeys were White and Mickey Dolenz hair was black.

cause paperwork will pretend to soothe you.

cause poems are the love-speak of used furniture.

cause FACEBOOK  is a plot to kill Whitman.

cause he's been dead already  shouldn't matter.

cause the teachings of the New Testament were paid for with PAYPAL.

cause all evidence against you will someday imprison you.

cause every thought you have is an aardvark entering the village.

cause ice is an acronym for being left.

cause The Four Seasons were a 60's singing group?

cause any word that ends with er will follow you to the end of time.

cause the soul they say leaves you and rises to heaven after death only

stays around long enough to bother the kin folk.

cause the probability that a given event will occur

will drive you to the casino


where the angels Gabriel and Raphael await you.


© 2016 h d e rushin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think this is all the answers to "why I drink"
Is it sadism if it's cruel but ultimately true? (I suppose it depends on intention) I wonder that - one of my roommates has no filters whatsoever and so the unaltered truth spills out of his unabashed mouth time after time - and he gets in big trouble. He has a skewed understanding of the world and human psychology, that's certain, but he gets in trouble because people don't want the truth, even if they need it. They don't want their vegetables either, go figure.
But this is truly a masterpiece, slow twist of a knife to the heart - (perhaps we're receiving heart surgery here) thrice I gasped aloud. It is raw and bloody, takes no prisoners, and makes stunningly beautiful comparisons. A touch if levity here and there, gives me the glimmer of a smile " my glasses are hiding from me" whereas the Africa line made me wince and claw at my face with how brutally true it is.
If ever there were an occasion for describing something as "telling it like it is"

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

h d e rushin

7 Years Ago

thank you Marcie.....I love you so much.....dana



Reviews

Dana, it's so good to read you again.
There's so much in here that I could comment on each point.
Thus made me laugh and made me sad too. Made me think though...
Life is a gamble anyway. Screw what they say and think and live it your way beautiful lady.

Posted 7 Years Ago


h d e rushin

7 Years Ago

thank you so much Ana for those words of inspiration...Happy holiday to you and yours....dana
I think this is all the answers to "why I drink"
Is it sadism if it's cruel but ultimately true? (I suppose it depends on intention) I wonder that - one of my roommates has no filters whatsoever and so the unaltered truth spills out of his unabashed mouth time after time - and he gets in big trouble. He has a skewed understanding of the world and human psychology, that's certain, but he gets in trouble because people don't want the truth, even if they need it. They don't want their vegetables either, go figure.
But this is truly a masterpiece, slow twist of a knife to the heart - (perhaps we're receiving heart surgery here) thrice I gasped aloud. It is raw and bloody, takes no prisoners, and makes stunningly beautiful comparisons. A touch if levity here and there, gives me the glimmer of a smile " my glasses are hiding from me" whereas the Africa line made me wince and claw at my face with how brutally true it is.
If ever there were an occasion for describing something as "telling it like it is"

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

h d e rushin

7 Years Ago

thank you Marcie.....I love you so much.....dana
You're a crazy nutjob. I never see Gabriel at the casino. I wish that I came from the same primordial soup you crawled out of. Sometimes I think that we might have, but I can't remember. You're awesome Dana. Can I join your club? CD

Posted 7 Years Ago


h d e rushin

7 Years Ago

CD......poetry makes your soul crazy..That's why in the 14th century Columbus released a letter ( a<.. read more
oh my...allusions to the Four Seasons, Dogma, two of my Favorites, the two poets i did my maters thesis on, Plath and Sexton...and "cause" this sounds so much like Ferlinghetti---and yet would make him jealous...

all the real, all the reality, all the answers...like a parent grounding a child and when as why just saying "cause i'm the parent and i say so"---

and do think Whitman is rolling over in his grave, dead for a second time because of Facebook...and with all this technology, what would Emily say about where writing, penmanship---actual scrawling poems has gone.

amazing this is.

cause i just think it is to me, amazing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


h d e rushin

7 Years Ago

thank you dear brother and thank you Youtube for allowing us to see what the 50's and 60's were like.. read more
thank you very much...i had an idea it was cause of something, but i had no idea what

Posted 7 Years Ago


h d e rushin

7 Years Ago

thanks Ed Hart for stopping in to visit.......I've been working on that short poem format that you h.. read more
Ed Hart

7 Years Ago

nonsense, your poetic expression is more than equally unique...you explode on the page, and take no .. read more
You open the door to many questions. I like the questions. New world. Few realize. Every action good or bad demand payment. I like the flow of thoughts leading to good ending. Thank you my friend for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


h d e rushin

7 Years Ago

thank you Coyote Poetry for those kind comments my friend.....dana
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are welcome Dana.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

588 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2016
Last Updated on May 21, 2016

Author

h d e rushin
h d e rushin

detroit, MI



About
black american poet living in detroit. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..